BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stunties!!!!!

First-Captain

These with dark, earthy skin tones and really bright hair would look awesome. Bah and I just bought all those half price seraphon!

Wow!

The more I see, the more I like.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

yeah definitely.

I saw some complaints on Facebook that you can't have slayers riding monsters, but it is good to see the dwarfs getting a nice big centre piece. plus they aren't old style slayers, they are thousands of years later in a new world. even then, you can reasonably say that slayers kill dangerous monsters, and if they have tamed these sufficiently, then there isn't really anything to be gained from killing them. slayers don't seek glorious deaths against cows after all.
    Last edited by Kirsten; 01-04-2016 at 06:05 AM.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Am a bit tempted i must admit, but I just started a horus heresy army and I still have 2 AoS armies to finish so ill probably pass until they are done but these guys do look great!
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

seeing these now makes me feel that Age of Sigmar armies will have a much tighter focus than warhammer armies. if you look at the releases so far, Eternals, Khorne, Slayers, even the re-released Sylvaneth, they are all small numbers of units, all strong visual link. very different to the 'bit of everything' Warhammer armies we are used to seeing. it is a good solution to the high model count/price criticisms of Warhammer.

First-Captain

Its hard to resist the "new" and remember that these will still be available next year!

True that.

I'm really hoping that we see lots more AoS this year, if only to shut the trolls up. If such a thing is possible.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    seeing these now makes me feel that Age of Sigmar armies will have a much tighter focus than warhammer armies. if you look at the releases so far, Eternals, Khorne, Slayers, even the re-released Sylvaneth, they are all small numbers of units, all strong visual link. very different to the 'bit of everything' Warhammer armies we are used to seeing. it is a good solution to the high model count/price criticisms of Warhammer.
    Definitely, while its possible (and fun) to have huge battles in AoS, the tighter focus of the armies and the fact that each, so far, is a handful of units meaning you can realistically own and paint everything, really seem to encourage smaller games.

Chapter-Master

I am sure we will. I hope it is nicely spaced out though, a few solid months of it got a little boring for me, and the eternals didn't grab me.

Moar stunties,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	414 
Size:	175.6 KB 
ID:	16872   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	401 
Size:	205.0 KB 
ID:	16873   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	424 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	16874   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	390 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	16875   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	379 
Size:	191.9 KB 
ID:	16876  

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	384 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	16877   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	392 
Size:	149.8 KB 
ID:	16878  

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast