BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Stunties!!!!!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    To be fair, none of them really "survived." They're new peoples... though apparently based on the old races. I still haven't seen an explanation on how that works, though there's an easy explanation they could have run with if they wanted. (The Slann create whole species, why wouldn't they be able to try to recreate the species from the world-that-was while protecting parts of said world as the "Realms?")

They can add all kinds of new Dwarfs with no connection to the old ones, because it's basically a new species (still Dwarfs, but technically new).

Ah right. I've literally paid no attention to AoS beyond looking at the pretty models as apart from buying some dwarfs when they landed last time round I haven't touched fantasy for at least three editions. (despite wanting to "finish" my chaos warriors, collect some dwarves, some bretonnians, maybe one or two other odds and ends...)

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Wonder if we'll finally see the long rumoured Stunty Steam Golem when the Steamheads show their face?

I'm not a big fan of Steampunk though, so I reserve the right to be totes 'meh'
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Fly Lord

via [URL="https://clankhorvaak.wordpress.com/2016/01/06/upcoming-fyreslayers-information-round-2-english-warscrolls-pricing-more-pics/"]Clan Khorvaak[/URL] 1-6-2015

More Fyreslayer Units & Rules
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cycx5vtwcaay_6e (1).jpg 
Views:	947 
Size:	147.9 KB 
ID:	16887Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cycx5wcwaaarhgf.jpg 
Views:	886 
Size:	145.5 KB 
ID:	16888Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cycx5wcwqae1ihy.jpg 
Views:	825 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	16889Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cycyi2vwmaaispm.jpg 
Views:	906 
Size:	118.9 KB 
ID:	16890Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cycyi3mw8aalth_.jpg 
Views:	875 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	16891Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cycyi3vweau5grv.jpg 
Views:	794 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	16892Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cycyi3wwsaahnkc.jpg 
Views:	802 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	16893
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

So that's Battlesmiths, Runesmiters and Grimwrath Berzerkers to go?

If I'm reading it right.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    So that's Battlesmiths, Runesmiters and Grimwrath Berzerkers to go?

If I'm reading it right.
    Auric Runesmiths and Auric Runefather too.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Aye, those too!

Another audiobook.....that'll be me two behind!

Hivefleet Cobra-Kai

via [URL="http://forum.spikeybits.com/showthread.php?29067-Dwarf-Magmadroth&p=236382&viewfull=1#post236382"]Scanner, Spikeybits Forum[/URL], 1-11-2016

Name:	Magmadroth 2.jpg 
Views:	2924 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	16907 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magmadroth1.jpg 
Views:	2119 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	16908

Name:	Warscroll 1.jpg 
Views:	2682 
Size:	113.3 KB 
ID:	16909 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	warscroll 2.jpg 
Views:	2569 
Size:	119.5 KB 
ID:	16910

Name:	warscroll 3.jpg 
Views:	2474 
Size:	126.3 KB 
ID:	16911 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	warscroll 4.jpg 
Views:	1732 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	16912

Name:	warscroll 5.jpg 
Views:	1535 
Size:	132.5 KB 
ID:	16913 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	warscroll 7.jpg 
Views:	1523 
Size:	128.6 KB 
ID:	16914

Name:	WD 103 Teasers.jpg 
Views:	1381 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	16915 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WD cover 103.jpg 
Views:	1102 
Size:	114.6 KB 
ID:	16916

Runeson looks good. Runefather would be good if not for that ridiculous weapon. That weapon is just so insanely stupid. Too long and unwieldy, he has to swing it at a low arc and can't swing it overhead because it's so long. But swinging from the side might not get good leverage with its length, either. Someone thought "this would look cool" and once against made something obnoxiously stupid. It kind of works on the mounted guy, because he's high up, and it gives him reach to hit a guy on the ground, but the guy on foot... meh.

Not sure what's going on with the Runesmiter. At first I was like, "Yeah, he looks cool." Then I wondered what the deal was with the horn-like things that look out of place. And something feels wrong with his legs and body. That beard, too... is that supposed to be a beard? Looks more like he attached some stuff to his metal pseudo-stache-and-beard, and painted that stuff orange. Okay, and yeah, what is up with that metal facial hair thing? Is that a guard for his facial hair?

Why do the axes have designs cut out of them, making them less effective?

Big lizard creatures look cool. That said, they're showing off some of the limitations of the current computer design process. The inside of the mouths look "off." The decision to attach their teeth to the outside of their mouth is also... it's just stupid. I'm sorry, overall I like the way these guys look (but again, do remember that I like a lot of Mantic's stuff, so I can overlook flaws), but that with the teeth is just another stupid attempt to look "cool." Teeth are bones, they attach to jaw bones. The design suggests these guys don't have an exoskeleton but rather an internal skeleton, and those are scales rather than bones on the face. Which makes sense. So why are the teeth on the outside? I can't find a lizard or dinosaur that looks like that.

Now I feel bad... I wanted to like these, initially did, but then looked for more than a second and realized how many stupid decisions they're making to try to make the models more stylized at the expense of being remotely believable. Make the weapons a more correct length, don't chop up the axes, put the teeth inside the mouth, and they look good. Look awesome! But those things just bug me too much. I could forgive the design issues because of their limitations, I could forgive them putting way too much stuff on a model to claim it's "more detailed," but these things that make no sense and don't really look "cool"... *Sigh.* Damn you, GW, for finding a way to throw water on my excitement.

- - - Updated - - -

All that said, I certainly won't tell people they're "wrong" if they like them. Some folks might not be as picky as me. It's all opinion, no "right" or "wrong."

I'm liking the subtle blending of Stunty and Chaos Stunty aesthetics here.

Some of the weapons are a bit daft though. Not deal breaker daft, just a bit daft.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast