BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Initiate

Default Bring back the old Necrons!

The new Necron models are simply atrocious! While the units are cool, the models themselves have way too much bling on them. Orbs in particular. Sign this petition to show you want Necrons to be the relentless mindless robotic zombies they once were.

[url]http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bring-back-the-old-necrons[/url]

Initiate

Anyone home? Also please take the time to have a look at this poll;
    [url]http://goo.gl/6MiUOT[/url]

Battle-Brother

I hate to break it to you, but necrons have always been bling-tastic :P the lords in particular anyway.
    Though I'll agree, the use of Orbs is perhaps a bit OTT.
    I don't mind them, I figure there's several kinds of orbs. there's the power cores (which I paint in copper-tones) and the anti-gravity orbs, (which I paint glowy-green) And of course the Resurrection Orbs. which also glow green, but more lightningy.

Most people complain about their fluff if they're complaining...I've never known anyone who wanted to go back to the old models though. they were practically universally terrible models :P special mention to the tomb spider and the wraiths, which were horrifyingly dire sculpts.

I'm not wild on the new wraiths either mindyou, they're cool of themselves, but they're such a departure from the original concept that they might as well be a new unit type. I always liked the murderous stabby ghostly death-crons. relegating them to maintenance droids kinda sucks. I'm thinking I should find a way to convert my own newcron wraiths that resemble the old stabby-spines

I'll take a guess people have tried to sway you in the past by pointing out that you can still have the mindless faceless zombie hordes they were before. that hasn't gone away. it's just that layered on top are the characters and culture that wasn't awake earlier in the chronology.
    If you only want warriors and a generic lord...field warriors and a generic lord. there's nothing at all stopping you from that.

This petition of yours smacks of "no! I don't want you to give me more options for my army! dry unbuttered toast for all!"
    Even if I am more than a little sympathetic to your thought-processes.

Librarian

The current Necron line is pretty awful, yes, but it's pretty low on the list of things that are wrong with 40K right now.