BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Annoying things from LGS

I just thought we could all use a place to complain and joke about things that annoy us at our stores.

There's one person in particular, one of his 40k armies (the other being a iron fist bike army) is TAu which is complains about being underpowered which I can't argue against. One of his arguments though is that his units are too weak in close combat. WTF? If you expect your units to do well in CC....then don't play tau.

Next

Initiate

I'm tempted to say he's a typical Tau newb but it entirely depends on in what context he was talking about and which units he'd like to see a buff on. For instance as a Tau player I'd at least like to see Kroot and Vespid be moderately good in CC. Tau Firewarriors and more importantly Battlesuits should continue to suck in CC but should be un-Godly at shooting. As it is Tau are moderately good at shooting and completely suck in CC. Considering how CC focused 40K is it's a shame we have to spend the entire game avoiding it.

As an aside I think it's half the reason people don't like to play Tau. After all if you make 90% of the armies c/c focused then no one's gonna like playing the one army which can and will avoid C/C at all costs. If GW decide to put in some Tau units that can actually fight then maybe they can satisfy two sides of the divide. Tau players who don't want their game to be over once they're caught in C/C and Tau opponents who don't want to spend an entire game chasing shadows, getting shot and not having any fun.

Battle-Brother

Too bad, a 4 year old codex already obsolete?!? When there at least 4 codexes ahead of you to be redone,dohhh!

I agree about the Kroot... I was i playing a game recently in which the tattered remains of my jump-pack marines (all of three marines-2 chainsword/bolt pistol, one powerfist) got jumped by a full strength Kroot band (17 or 18) and still wiped them out. While it suits the fluff- how many times have you read about three marines piling up bodies like they were coming off an assembly line? It was a bit hard on my opponent, a brand new Tau player. This was literally his FIRST game ever with his brand-new Tau army, and probably his last non-mech list. He told me afterwards that while he really loved the Kroot and Vespid, they obviously weren't worth fielding. Shame.