BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran-Sergeant

Maybe, Hopefully they scummify some more rebel and imperial ships, they only have three dedicated scum fighters (and the Star Vipers costing more I don't see them in it) so repaints would be a rip off.
    What I really want to see is some uglies! A B wing with a YT-1200 cockpit and X-Wing chasis with TIE-wings are standard enough a guy can dream.

We will probably have a more solid idea when the new movie drops.

Uglies are a fun concept from the EU, but they might be hit-or-miss with people playing the game. Still, depending on how the models are currently designed, they could probably make some Uglies relatively easily without spending too much on development, but there's still the cost of making (and painting) the models. I wouldn't mind some myself.

I want to put together some squadrons in time that won't be "traditional" roles. For example, a unit of pirate-painted TIE Interceptors and Fighters, representing Wraith Squadron in their Hawk-Bat scheme. A "historic" representation of the battle against Iron Fist and Razor's Kiss would include X-Wings, at least one TIE Fighter, and a TIE Advanced (seems that's what they stole from the RK), in the same unit... but in game terms that wouldn't really be allowed. I could probably talk someone into letting it fly for a fun match, though.

Veteran-Sergeant

I haven't seen the movie yet so I don't know which ships are in it (going in a couple days) but I do hope that more expanded universe ships get picked up rather than Disney making new ones, but on the other hand the Raider looks wicked so hopefully there are no worries all around.

There's a few new things in the new movie. The fun thing is that they feel like an actual evolution of the ships from the original trilogy. Not sure about the basic TIE/FO, but the TIE/FO special forces fighter is an improved Fighter; the T-70 has some nice changes over the T-65 (personal ground defense, load the droids from below instead of above). But the Resurgent class Star Destroyers... Yowza! Read about those beauties. Nearly twice the length of an ISD, nearly 3000 weapons, carries two full wings of TIEs, 8000 Stormtroopers... But even better, the conning tower *is* lowered because of things like what happened to the Executor, and they added in a secondary bridge inside the hull, and split the hull, all of which is designed to make it harder to trash the ships as easily as prior SDs and give the ships even more capability to stomp a system on their own.

Sorry, thinking about that thing's potential, and how they actually put thought into it, just excites me way too much.

Of course, the RSD would be in Armada, not X-Wing. For X-Wing, I think there's very little seen in TFA that hasn't been released already. (Doubt they do the Falcon with the new dish.)

Can't wait for the Imperial Veterans. I really like the TIE Defender, and I kept wanting to be the guy who could make 'em work. Well, I wasn't.

But I have an insane plan for when this is released! First, there's the "Glaive Squadron Pilot"-- at PS6, we can expect it to have an EPT. Now let's add the TIE-D title, so a cannon shot then a primary. Two attacks, and we want to modify both of them... that means either Marksmanship or Predator, and since we're mid-PS and so we'll need a focus for defense, let's go Predator. Glaive, Ion, title, and Predator is 40 points (estimated).

Now, two of them brings us to 80, so that's 20 points to spend on a support ship. We've got some ion, so let's try and pull off some ion + stress shenanigans! Scimitar Squadron pilot, with the TIE Shuttle title, Mara Jade, and an Intel Agent-- bingo! 20 points on the nose, adding stress without depending upon staying in arc, and putting a blocker in the mix.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by ChahDresh View Post
    Can't wait for the Imperial Veterans. I really like the TIE Defender, and I kept wanting to be the guy who could make 'em work. Well, I wasn't.

But I have an insane plan for when this is released! First, there's the "Glaive Squadron Pilot"-- at PS6, we can expect it to have an EPT. Now let's add the TIE-D title, so a cannon shot then a primary. Two attacks, and we want to modify both of them... that means either Marksmanship or Predator, and since we're mid-PS and so we'll need a focus for defense, let's go Predator. Glaive, Ion, title, and Predator is 40 points (estimated).

Now, two of them brings us to 80, so that's 20 points to spend on a support ship. We've got some ion, so let's try and pull off some ion + stress shenanigans! Scimitar Squadron pilot, with the TIE Shuttle title, Mara Jade, and an Intel Agent-- bingo! 20 points on the nose, adding stress without depending upon staying in arc, and putting a blocker in the mix.

What do you think?
    Pretty good, only issues I can see is it can get arc dodged by high PS pilots and that the Tie Defenders will be very predictable if they get stressed but that's always been a issue with them
    Only thing I would change is drop the intelligence agent to throw the twin ion engine mark 2 on both defenders, don't know how many points that leaves me with

That would leave you with, by my estimation, negative one points. I'm not too frazzled about getting stressed-- I still have dice modifications (on offense, at least) and I can still K-turn, so it isn't as devastating as it would be otherwise.

Yes, arc dodgers might be a concern, but you should examine the flipside. A single ion hit on an enemy arc-dodger is likely to result in its death, particularly if it's relying on Push the Limit. If it's a non-PtL ace like Poe, the Shuttle can mess their day up with Mara just by being nearby-- and Mara doesn't need arc to work, just range. That's where the Intel Agent comes in, helping me peek at an ace's dial so I can slide into place.

[url]https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/4/25/defend-the-empire/[/url]

So, the new unseen pilots are here ... no suprise with "Round-things-of-Steele"* staying the same and the Countess has an interesting ability, that will make certain T/I pilot rage about his lost reputation

* sry for that bad joke

The Countess is going to be in pretty much all of my lists, that ability, holy **** she can dogfight, she can joust, she can keep up with interceptors or A wings and with that low pilot skill she can use her ability reactively
    I'm thinking
    Countess Ryad
    Twin Ion Engine Mark 2
    Push the limit
    Tie/D
    Ion cannon

I'm hoping that her ability to do green K-turns will mean she can easily deal with stress while keeping on someone's tail so PTL will be helpful for some serious damage dealing, or to barrel roll after K turning and then target lock for some crazy shenanigans, heck if you don't care about having bendy greens slap an engine upgrade on her and boost and barrel roll out of a K turn

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail233 View Post
    I'm hoping that her ability to do green K-turns will mean she can easily deal with stress while keeping on someone's tail so PTL will be helpful for some serious damage dealing, or to barrel roll after K turning and then target lock for some crazy shenanigans, heck if you don't care about having bendy greens slap an engine upgrade on her and boost and barrel roll out of a K turn
    From the preview:
    Not only does this mean that Countess Ryad can perform Koiogran-turns at speeds "2" through "5," but it means that all her Koiogran-turns are green. [...] meaning that she may be one of the few TIE defender pilots to benefit from Push the Limit.
    What you are suggesting is basically the design they had in mind ... though the preview goes on about a version that uses the x7 title not T/D
    Last edited by 0rph3u5; 05-05-2016 at 10:57 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12