BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default HH products sold out.

Hi guys,

I've noticed that some FW products for HH are "no longer available".

Though I understand for the mkIV armour being no longer necessary with BoC, it is strange that the red book for legiones astartes army lists for Istvaan V and mkIII armours are sold out.

Could mean that more platic HH release are on the way.

Battle-Brother

I'm heading into Warhammer World today, I'll try to find out if the books are just getting reprinted or whatever.
    I need a set myself so I'll let you know what I discover

Brother-Sergeant

Yeah, I went to order the red books a few days back and it said "temporarily out of stock" with the "email me" button next to them. Went back yesterday and they now say "sold out - no longer available"

Are they being re-done or something??

Chaplain

A lot of the Heresy armour marks are either being replaced with the newer versions or in most cases having the hands / arms resculpted so they are compatible with the BaC sprues.

The red books are being replaced with new editions at some point but general concensus is they have just sold out due to BaC

Quote Originally Posted by StraightSilver View Post
    A lot of the Heresy armour marks are either being replaced with the newer versions or in most cases having the hands / arms resculpted so they are compatible with the BaC sprues.

The red books are being replaced with new editions at some point but general concensus is they have just sold out due to BaC
    Well I don't really see the point of removing MkIII or MkV armour "to make them compatible with the BoC sprue" since the latter are only MkIV

As for the books being sold out because of BoC, in this case, they would be "temporarily out of stock" and not "no longer available"

Battle-Brother

In the Forgeworld store in W/World they have copies of both of the Red books, though the sales guy confirmed the 2nd volume was in fact out of print, but will get reprinted soon.

The minis were a different matter, all he knew was that some stuff had been dropped, he had no knowledge about what if anything was going to replace them.

BaC sprues are definitely getting their own release sometime next year, just like the Assassins

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Fist of Dorn; 12-04-2015 at 06:35 AM.

I've just received a reply by FW:

Hi There,

Thanks for the email, fear not for the kits your after have been temporarily removed for remastering. We have decided to make a few improvements to a few of our kits and will be working on a good number weapon packs and Heresy era armour kits to bring them a little more up to date and allow for a more enjoyable hobby experience.
    We have currently sold out of the Isstvan campaign- legions army list due to an increase in its popularity over the recent weeks.
    Currently the book is being sent to the printers to have another batch produced ready to back on sale as soon as the work is complete. At this time we do not have an expected time frame for the print run to be completed but we believe it will not be ready for sale this side of Christmas.

Please keep and eye on the newsletters and keep coming back to our web store as once the work has been finished they will go back on sale. For now we don't know how long these projects will take but as we understand it they will be done in batches of products

Thanks again and speak soon.
    Seems like they try to update some of the kits... I would have prefered new mkIII plastic kits

Actually I tend to think that, if they decided to re-design MkIII kits and therefore create new molds, it means that we shouldn't expect other type of armour in plastic...