BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Lethal

Veteran-Sergeant

Default Most Lethal

Alright Loungers,

I want to hear it! What has your most succesful unit been? By this question, I don't mean "What rules and minis kill the most" I mean "What unit has been your personal best unit? (IE SM squad John Doe that killed almost an entire Tau army by itself). If you have any particularily neat stories regarding this unit, tell us!
    This thread has a sister thread, Least Lethal ( [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=643[/url] ) check it out

For me, it is my squad of 9 Thousand Sons, who have slaughtered well over 500 guardsmen, and with the sorceror's help, 3 dreadnaughts, a land raider, and two carnifexes. Their very first game they actually arrived on the wrong side of an 8' long board, but they did manage to kill a few wild boars in their first shooting phase. Bacon, anyone?
    Last edited by ChaosLord127; 08-06-2009 at 04:03 PM.
    "All power... demands sacrifice..." ~ Sindri Myr

Veteran-Sergeant

I have a squad of 6 BA vet assault marines who have killed a dread and 10 space wolf marines in a single game, killed 3 squads of fire warriors in another ( by themselves well the rest of my army hit to avoid the masses of fire coming at them) and capture tons of objective on the very last turn of a game.

Librarian

People have learned to fear my 14 man squads of Plague Marines - slow to start, quick to finish.
    I've got a converted Ironclad that, in the few weeks he's been alive, has proven most effective in getting to assault without killing loads of my duds. 2 CCW, TL Bolter, and Heavy Flamer does help though - bolter being the only thing that has any firepower, and my army is Nurgle!

On the other hand, in my Eldar army, there is no unit that has shown epic progress... though I think that one of the Jetbike squads has a good record when attached with my commanding Autarch...

My personal best has to have been my Tau Crisis Suit Deathrain squad:
    3 Crisis suits
    Shas'vre team leader
    TL missile pods
    Targeting array (+1BS)
    Bonding knife

Have to have killed at least a dozen guard transports over about 5 games, as well as double their weight in troops. Either that, or my 6 man XV25 Stealth team :P

another good squad is my Ravenwing Command Squad. I think the only time I've played against Tyranids at 1000 points, they must have killed 40% of the army alone.

My personal worst is my Tankbustas Squad, obviously. Here, have a drop pod in this corner of the map >.<
    When life gives you lemon's... should have used a condom.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosLord127 View Post
    Alright Loungers,

I want to hear it! What has your most succesful unit been? By this question, I don't mean "What rules and minis kill the most" I mean "What unit has been your personal best unit? (IE SM squad John Doe that killed almost an entire Tau army by itself). If you have any particularily neat stories regarding this unit, tell us!

For me, it is my squad of 9 Thousand Sons, who have slaughtered well over 500 guardsmen, and with the sorceror's help, 3 dreadnaughts, a land raider, and two carnifexes. Their very first game they actually arrived on the wrong side of an 8' long board, but they did manage to kill a few wild boars in their first shooting phase. Bacon, anyone?
    I have a single TH/SS armed terminator Sgt. who killed an unwounded Tzeentchian Daemon Prince with warptime in a single round of close combat and he was the one who got charged! True it's thanks to some lucky rolling on my part and some very unlucky "fearless" extra wound save failings on the CSM players part but still that Sgt probably deserves his own company!

Initiate

My top unit is a squad of 8 ork nobs, mounted in a wartrukk and accompanied by a Warboss. All the usual upgrades - painboy, feel no pain, power klaw, big choppas, bosspole, warbanna, etc.

There is very little in the game that this unit has not been able to take out, and with the Warboss it counts as scoring as well.

In our club I am top of the league, having played about 19 games, and most of it is due to this squad. They have killed landraiders, daemon princes, squads of plague marines etc. etc.

One of their best triumphs was hitting a 10 man Death Company unit from the Blood Angels and after the first round of combat had taken 1 wound and only 3 Death Company were still standing, only to be overwhelmed in the next round of combat.

The only unit I think that beats them is the same nob squad, but mounted on warbikes

Chapter-Master

Archon
    5 Incubi
    Drazhar, Master of Blades
    3 Warrior
    Raider

My most successful unit. They kill anything with a T of 5 or lower without even trying. Once they hit T6 though, sigh, they just bounce off and die.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

My Ratlings are pretty lethal. Against Daemon or Nidzilla list they are usually the MVPs.

Veteran-Sergeant

My banshess going through almost an either greyknight army was great, i felt bad for the guy i was playing, and my scorpions, they take alot of firpower and still surive, best was when the infiltrated 12 inches behind a vindicator and destroying it on the first turn, then killing 6 chaos bikes after man that was great. My space marine landspeeder with assult cannon and heavy bolter destroying a predator, speeder and a whole squad in in almost 3 turns.

Veteran-Sergeant

Used to be my eldar warwalkers, that were my favorite, the look of dread on some of my opponents faces when they came out. But now I LOVE my IG Executioner. In the last three games its killed 2 full termy squads, a DA cmd squad and no less than 4 DA Tact squads. It draws so much fire that the rest of my armny moves around unmolested. I thought of getting a second, but dont want to put off my opponents. By the way i cant wait to start using pask is it.
    Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. Armed Forces don't have that problem. R Regan

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast