BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sun Shark rage

Default Sun Shark rage

Exasperation!

The new Tau codex has the same neutering of the Sun Shark Drones as we experienced when they changed 6th to 7th. I rang and emailed to query such an OBVIOUS OVERSIGHT. I am still awaiting a reply from the email. The person I rang said "that gives you some idea of what they think of the model." I was gob smacked, this is an employee!! I'm in Australia so its possible he was burnt out by pricing complaints, but this lackadaisical approach I find particularly infuriating. Do GW really have no use for us once we've bought something. This is no way to run a company.
    To be honest I was really surprised with how much this has bothered me. The Sun Shark was never great but this lack of a reasonable fix smacks of laziness and lack of care for a product that they should be proud of and just really grinds my gears. How can we let the buggers know that this is sub standard practice. Why buy a new codex with the same mistakes? Lazy, Crazy POOR effort GW!!!!

Rant over

Veteran-Sergeant

What's wrong with the Sun Shark Drones?

I'm interested to know how they were neutered.
    "There's no use permitting some prophet of doom to wipe all your smiles away!"

Sunshark can choose to skyfire or not. Drones have interceptor and sky fire, they can only snap fire at ground targets and can't use their overcharged shot (st 8 small blast) at all. It is infuriating as this nerf only happened in the change from 6th to 7th, so GW have had PLENTY of time to notice or be told. It is such a basic thing, and now we must see if effin GW deign to produce an errata. I have found this really annoying, and am having a good old whinge, especially after the unsatisfactory phonecall.

You missed the part where, as Passengers in an Open-Topped Transport that is always moving more than 6", they always have to Snap Fire. So they're even worse than you thought.

The recent Tau Codex has tonnes of lovely new art, new style layout, and a lot of big changes, yet the rules haven't been touched. It does indeed feel pretty lazy to me.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Thanks Coffee Grunt, the hits just keep on coming. I like the model, it has grown on me. I really want to use it, otherwise its a waste of money to me. It is not good enough for me to be told by the service guy I rang that it is still a good display model! GW don't get it. If they are a miniature hobby company and rules are secondary, then why would we buy their models without rules? There is no attraction to the models without context. To me anyway. If I wanted dust collectors, I'd have stuck with Airfix. I want to be able to play with my toys gorammit!!! They cost me enough (yes I'm an Aussie, with red raw skin from the fleecing GW inflicts on us antipodeans) grumble grumble etc.

Veteran-Sergeant

So you'd prefer the Drones be able to fire at whatever the flyer shoots at with their regular BS while attached?
    "There's no use permitting some prophet of doom to wipe all your smiles away!"

Quote Originally Posted by son_of_volmer View Post
    So you'd prefer the Drones be able to fire at whatever the flyer shoots at with their regular BS while attached?
    I know I would, and more importantly, I'd want them to be able to fire at full effect after the plane has crashed, or they've disembarked.

Preach it Andrew, and while we're at it, why not give the useless "jets" on the Razorshark a use. possibly hover, or +1 to jink, or vector dancer. Otherwise its like GW went lets put useless but cool looking elements on the Tau planes.What a bunch of Waynes!

- - - Updated - - -

Wayne Kerrs....you do the maths.

Brother-Sergeant

I'd prefer Drones count as a weapon system until deployed. THAT is what I would prefer.

Ohh I like that idea Tony, I was also able, in 6th mind you, to attach the detached drones to my buffmander (with drone controller) to create a Tau Super hero! He also had the Onager Gauntlet. Oh yes!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast