BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
    Fly Lord

Yup, its official. Look for pics of models and the full unveiling at GDUK weekend after next!
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

I wouldn't be surprised if that -was- all he knew at the time of writing, there's only about 20-30 people privy to what is forthcoming. Those are the designers, the painters, whoever does type and layout for WD and 2-3 people from accounting/marketing.
    Everyone else is on a need to know basis or an ultradraconic nondisclosure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    C'Thulhu said:

That would be the new Talos which I have heard described as a creepy walker now (more than 2 legs).
    If that is true, I will have to kill someone at GW, I'm working on a talos project based on a semi arachnidbody >.<

**** sake can't I have any of my ideas alone anymore *grrr*

From Dakkadakka via Warseer:
    Originally Posted by Enginseer
    I talked to my redshirt friend yesterday (yes yes, I know, 'redshirts', but I've known him for a while and I trust him) and apparently he saw the new range, though briefly.

I don't know if he'd mind me posting this, but he didn't really make a secret out of it. As he only saw the range very briefly, he wasn't able to remember much as there was too much to see.

What he could tell me was:
    - He was really impressed with the quality of the models.
    - Thankfully the Dark Eldar have now also lost the top-knots.
    - It was hard to describe to overall style, as he couldn't think of a good comparison model/army.
    - The Raider will be like the one in the well-know black 'n white picture, including Dark Eldar jumping off and 'sail'.
    - Wyches will be both male and female.
    - Wyches at least include one head with a blank faceplate (like the Shadowseer).
    - The army has a really evil look, including bone-piercings and spikey bits.
    I was hoping (not expecting) all-female Wyches, so I'm pretty miffed about that. It means I wil have to try and sell male Wyches and buy replacement female wyches. Somehow I expect female Wyches to be more popular so I'm not sure how that will go.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I'm going to be doing an all female dark eldar army so I think I'm going to use lots of daemonette kits, where the heads look close enough to the eldar IMHO, and add extra hair to some of the warrior helmets too/ Eldar armour is feminine enough so that very little alteration should be needed to the bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    From Dakkadakka via Warseer:

I was hoping (not expecting) all-female Wyches, so I'm pretty miffed about that. It means I wil have to try and sell male Wyches and buy replacement female wyches. Somehow I expect female Wyches to be more popular so I'm not sure how that will go.
    lol wow...just wow.

Chapter-Master

Good, topknots are stupid. Period. Not just on DE, on everything.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by stonethecrow01
    Don't know if this has been posted yet. It was posted over at 40k online by Prince Sliscus

The models are amazing and i have permission to post my pics as soon as uk gamesday arrives.

I've also heard the fluff and it was abit different to the rulebook. If i remember correctly basically before the fall Commoragghh was the scum shack of the empire where all the criminals went etc... redlight discrict watnot... anyway, when it survived the fall (not just because it was in the webway but i cant remember the other reasons), they realised that even though their bodies didn't age (as such) thier minds did (or something along those lines), and to stave off slaanesh they found a way to capture the suffering of other beings with their technology, therefore staving off the thirst abit longer, hence why they need constant slaves.

Now i would have posted this bit in the rumours forum but its not officially an announcment so if its in the wrong place feel free to edit or move this mods!

They will be up for october pre-order on the 13th.

Now i had 3 sources, one of which conflicted with the other 2 but this is taking into account what they all said...

The first wave consists of 6 plastic boxes for sure

Raider - plastic
    Ravager/Slaughterer - plastic
    Wyches - pastic
    Warriors - plastic
    Hellions - plastic
    Reaver Jetbikes - plastic

3 Metal Boxes
    Talos
    Incubi
    Mandrakes

3 Blisters
    New Character
    New Archon
    New Wych Lord

The only thing that is abit sketchy here is that 2 told me talos is metal, one told me plastic but that was probably a simple mistake. And also one told me that the new reavers if not with 1st wave (apparently they were still deciding at the time) will come out with the new eldar jetbikes and super heavy plastic kit around xmas/january before the new kemri early next year. Scourges and warp beasts etc... are 2nd wave and i think the current heamy models are staying the same for a time.
    I hope the bloody Wych Lord is actually a Wych Lady. Also, I know a few people who will be dissapointed if the talos is metal. Doesn't bother me though, I've never wanted to field one.
    3:30am. Sleep or go paint something.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031