BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lordgimpet View Post
    Eldar that follow the "path" sometimes spend time with dark eldar before moving on to another aspect or whatever (as noted in the current eldar codex).
    That's not really true. Eldar who choose not t follow the path become outcasts and corsairs. They form their own pirate fleets and raid Imperial ships. It's kind of implied that they may work with Cabals on occasion, but they are not the same thing, they are two completely distinct groups.

I also am of the understanding that the Dark Eldar are fully aware of what they are doing and have shruged off slaanesh corruption. now that I think of it both Eldar factions have overcome the fall in oposite means and pity the other for thier apparent weakness.
    I'm not sure what you mean here by shrugged off Slaanesh's corruption. Slaanesh never corrupted the Eldar race. The souls of the Dark Eldar are constantly being drained by Slaanesh, and in order to stave off being totally consumed, the DE devour the souls of captured slaves in order to restore their own essence. The Eldar wear spirit stones to protect them instead.

From a conversion standpoint I am looking forward to making some new units that don't yet have models.

To keep up with the other 5ed codexes GW is going to have to do more than simply updating the existing range of units, it needs to be extended as well to future proof the codex a bit, otherwise it's going to be behind the times almost immediately.

Look at all the new units added to the IG and Tyranid codices. Even the marine variant lists have got lots of new toys, as well as updating the rules for the old favourites.

Fingers crossed, the new plastic kits will keep up the trend of being highly modular and provide lots of interesting bits to pack the sprues.

Long shot for a suprise kit, plastic webway gate with parts for both pure and dark eldar with some sort of purpose in the dark eldar list ( e.g. deployed like a drop pod as a beachead for reserves to arrive from) and as useful scenery for everyone else. Note, this isn't a rumour, just wishlisting

I didn't read every post so this may have already been said...

I've heard a spidery wraith lord is expected to join the pirates ranks.

sounds cool to me but the question arises if they'll need a psyker to guide them or if they may be like chaos dreadnoughts and slightly unpredictable and dangerous

Chapter-Master

Its a cool idea...DE do use Wraithbone bullets (described as "tortured" wraithbone) so maybe they have the ability to manipulate it. But if the Talos is still in it, i doubt it, cos they fulfill the same role basically.

Dark Avatar was something else i heard someone wishlisting, but again thats unlikely IMO.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

dark avatar would make no sense. That's not even wishlisting--- that's just making stuff up.

Chapter-Master

The Eldar are evil, and must be destroyed! They created a Major Chaos god!

Cleanse and Burn!!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    dark avatar would make no sense. That's not even wishlisting--- that's just making stuff up.
    Yeah, you know, because 1) you can't make anything up in a fantasy and 2) GW is bound by law to never create new fluff and always work with what was established back in 1986.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    Yeah, you know, because 1) you can't make anything up in a fantasy and 2) GW is bound by law to never create new fluff and always work with what was established back in 1986.
    Yup!

Not making anything new, just pulling stuff out of the Vault in '86.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Yup!

Not making anything new, just pulling stuff out of the Vault in '86.
    Despite my view, I believe that DE will never have a Dark Avatar.

Why? Our Archons/Archites can already dismantle the current Avatar in combat anyway, lol.

I do agree with you re new things, but I have to say I don't think a Dark Avatar really fits in with the character of Dark Eldar, in my opinion. Commoragh isn't a craftworld in which a fragment of Khaine is supposed to reside (although you could possibly argue Commoragh is one giant craftworld) and the whole psychic awakening/ selfless sacrifice to wake the Avatar thing doesn't really fit in with the Dark Eldar ethos.

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast