BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

I'm not sure what you mean?

Oh, and I can see GW North America using Halloween to market DE if they arrive in time, but Halloween won't affect when they are released as that is set by GW HQ in GB. Just to clarify, I don't want people hissing at me if they see Halloween/DE theme things at local GWs.

Dark Eldar are coming, many slavegirls pregnant. (Sorry)

Quote Originally Posted by megatrons2nd View Post
    Interesting. I wonder where the Ghouls and Ghosts part come from then.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

the slavegirls comment made me lol

As for the ghouls and ghosts, assuming you aren't asking after the super ones that capcom released in the game of the same name... Halloween is a derivation of 'All Hallows Eve' which is a very old pagan or druidic or something tradition. used to be some celestial event that happened in conjunction with the restless dead going for a wander. Best way to find out is to exercise your google-fu

Quote Originally Posted by Freefall945 View Post
    Vect spends his long, harrowed life flaying people, foiling coups and, I am forced to presume, tending his fingers and rolling his s's in a dramatic, serpentine fashion.
    To paraphrase Terry Pratchett, though... he has lived a very, very long time in one of the most dangerous professions imaginable.

He's still one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy. The fact that he has no blatant personal/psychic powers just makes him like, say, a very long-lived Lord Vetenari instead of a god. Which, to me, is even scarier

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Except GW is British, its biggest market is still in Britain and Britain doesn't do Halloween in the same way or on any meaningful scale, not compared to the former Western hemisphere colonies. We have Mischief Night in some parts where bands of kids do roam around, but instead of getting confectionary they set fire to things. No horror element, unless they set fire to you.
    They call that "Devil's Nite" the day before Halloween, here in Canada and USA where young people go around and damage property and vandalism.

Like you said, it might not mean nothing in UK and have no Halloween, but it would sell no matter what in UK, so it would be stupid of GW not to try and capilize on anything they can do in NA to increase any sales at all. Then again they don't advertise to people who do not know about 40K so I guess you are correct, it wouldn't make a difference at all.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Chaplain

An interesting tidbit to add: the slaves bits from the Dark Eldar line have been renamed to "prisoners", which is probably another subtle show of GW censoring itself due to the females' provocative attire and poses.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    A few new rumours:

4-5 new special characters, including upgrade SCS a la Pask.

New models for all existing SCs

Kruellagh possibly being dropped (a pity I'm all for female SCs but her model was ugly and the SC uninteresting)

Lelith Hesperax is included and getting a new model, interesting to see if it is as good as the old one.

Every model of the range is being redone, without exception.

Harry says again DE due in October/November.
    I want her dropped simply for having the stupidest name in the history of GW naming and that's saying a lot. New model and new name, same character and I'd be fine with it. Maybe fluffwise Guardsmen call her that, but she needs an Eldar name.
    Last edited by DelphicFist; 06-29-2010 at 06:17 AM.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by DelphicFist View Post
    I want her dropped simply for having the stupidest name in the history of GW naming and that's saying a lot. New model and new name, same character and I'd be fine with it. Maybe fluffwise Guardsmen call her that, but she needs an Eldar name.
    Nah, I think it would be great if they kept her and she had a retinue of 101 Dalmations.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

I don't mind the joke name actually. 40k (and WFB) started out very tongue in cheek and was full of things like that. But the character itself was not particularly inspiring. The fluff wasn't bad, but she was never much use on the battlefield and the model is meh.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Well, that's the larger bit about Kruellagh, is that there was zero point in taking her, despite a cool-sounding weapon. My guess would be that there's some weapon/wargear that has the Soul Flayer effect and we may get a new archon character.

This from 'The Hawk' at Librarium-Online, via Polaria at Warseer:
    I'm happy about Lelith. Nothing particularly new, really. Hopefully it means another source backing up what we have heard and not circular rumours.
    For all fo you Wych Cult fans out there, you would be delighted to here that Lelith is in, an is getting totally redone. Whatever is not being dropped is being tweaked. Hopefully we will finally see a 4+ invulnerable save in close combat like NORMAL Wyches this time.

I don't want to dampen anyone's day with this next one, but there is rumors that there is going to be a Khemri release out soon. This means to coincide with Warhammer Fantasy release, that the anticipated Tomb Kings will be set. I am so hoping that this happens AFTER our release, and that for the... (counts fingers) 23rd time we are not postponed!

Grey Knights are all but confirmed for a January release which leaves plenty of room open for us to breathe. Necrons may be due in March/April next year as well. But you know GW. The DE could be replaced with the Necrons. 99% chance of not happening, but there is still room open for us to have all of our air sucked clean from us.

And in great tradition to keep up with what the DE are all about, Grotesques are in, depsite popular belief, and there rules are suppossed to be so that even Marneus Calgar will go home crying to mommy. Hopefully we get to see a LD check and modifier that ignores Fearless and Stubborn, and actually works!

Some great new Special Characters are making appearences as well. And the existing ones are either getting entirely new models ( sucks to be those that own Vect ), or being removed utterly. If trends are to kee continuing, we should be seeing 2-3 of our existing ones kept, with maybe 4-5 new ones being added.

And thank Slaanesh, it seems that Kruellagh is being removed!

Nothing game shattering here, except if we see some high profile SCs being included.

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast