BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Interrogator_Chaplain's Finished Dark Angels, Mechanicus & Others

As it appears I'm settling into this forum, and everyone starts their own threads to show off their miniatures (As it seems anyways.) I shall do the same in the name of equal opportunity critiquing. (Wouldn't be fair if I critiqued everyone else's without them being able to do the same, now would it?)

So to start!

Here's Belial! I just finished him up not moments ago, I'm bringing him along with me on my trip from the frigid wastes of Canada to the rainy Isle of Britannia, where I will face off against veteran BoLS commenter Mr. Mystery, and this is to whom I dedicate this miniature, for being gracious enough to lug up his army to Warhammer World with him this weekend!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20130917 1.jpg 
Views:	562 
Size:	130.3 KB 
ID:	4854

Name:	WP_20130917.jpg 
Views:	594 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	4855

I usually paint the eyes, but this guy's eyes are sooo tiny and I was working on a tight schedule. If anyone wants me to prove myself in the eyes department, my Ravenwing Sergeant's eyes are surprisingly good. (Mostly by chance.)

I often don't drybrush, but I like how it worked out with his cape, so I think I'll be using a drybrush technique from this point forward. Not totally happy with how the sword came out, I've tried the lightning technique on other blades to much greater success, but as the Sword of Silence is a Heavenfall Blade cut from Obsidian, I had to paint it black which was probably the downfall. Not sure how to make the sword stay straight, and probably too late to do anything about it.

So if it weren't quite for the sword and eye's I'd be really happy with this, but I am content with how it came out overall.

To the field of battle!

Picked up a group of Cataphractii Terminators with power fists and storm bolters, for my Post-Heresy Dark Angels. I didn't have any chainfists in my squad yet, so I decided to do the chainfist first.

Name:	WP_20131104.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	5556

Right now I'm in the middle of two little projects, working on my Aegis Defence Line Quad-Gun and the Cataphractii Terminators. But very soon I'll be getting a Realm of Battle game board! I'm so excited!

I've finished up my Realm of Battle Board and am in the middle of a painting kick due to the fact that I'm playing more games of 40k than ever now!

I've finished up a Librarian from Dark Vengeance and a second Cataphractii Terminator and I'm really happy with my Librarian:

The second Cataphractii Terminator is the one with the green storm bolter, I lost his shoulder armour somewhere and I'm thinking of either finding replacements or greenstuffing some:

Not sure what's next, but I'm thinking the next thing will be another Cataphractii Terminator or Tactical Marines. Exciting times!

(Pictures of my finished Realm of Battle Gamboard can be found[URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?37515-Finished-arctic-Realm-of-Battle-gameboard!"] here[/URL]!)

There was a Christmas party at my house recently and in an effort to look presentable, I needed to clean up my painting station. After I boxed and cleared up a good deal of models and supplies, I was left with some large empty space and with my Realm of Battle board finished I decided to set up a little display. I've never gotten a large group photo of my army done up (And I still haven't, there's still more sitting in my gaming cases.) so I figured that it was a perfect chance to do so.

So what we have here is a gathering of Interrogator-Chaplain Ezrit's Dark Hunters.

Master Alxe and his retinue The Lion's of the 4th. To the back left is the Venerable Brother-Chaplain Ezrit in his Dreadnought. (I, amusingly, don't have a recent Terminator Chaplain, or regular Chaplain for that matter and the army name is sentimental of the first HQ I've ever had. Really should get on that.)

Another wide shot, featuring the Ravenwing Squadron, Unkindness of Angels and above them on the ridge Land Speeder Jehrico One. Flanking the Land Raider and Devastator Squad are the twin Predator's, The Judge and The Executioner. There is no jury.

Shown here is Assault Squad Echo, led by Master Gintus. The story behind this squad came a long time ago when GW still held small events in various cities across Canada. I participated in Conflict Montreal's tournament (4th edition I think.) where I was paired up against a vicious anti-meq Eldar army with an insane amount of Star Cannons. My army was ripped to shreds and I came out proudly with the Worst General award (I got a Fantasy Starter kit out of it, because maybe I'd have better luck there. It was hilarious.) and out of that was born... well, the squad speaks for itself. I just started pinning models around that time and while I was doing some shopping the idea for the marine to the left of Master Gintus was born. So I picked up some Dire Avengers and painted them up in the army colours of the opponent I faced at the Conflict. Thus leading to one of the most aggravatingly hard units to consider updating.

I've got more pictures if you wish to see something specific! Thanks for looking!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0MttiKKl.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	6055  

Just finished working on my Standard of Devastation. It's my first attempt ever at freehand painting, especially at such a small scale.

Name:	WP_20140223_19_45_54_Pro.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	195.8 KB 
ID:	7520

Not sure about you, but I think it went rather well! Gotta paint the rest of the dude now, but I think the hardest part of my Command Squad is finished. Looking forward to getting these guys done, but will probably be shoved out of the way by my pre-ordered Knight! I've always wanted a Monstrous Creature, but a Super-Heavy Walker will work out just fine! Be ready for pics of that, because I'm going to try and hit the ground running with that guy!

Thinking custom colour scheme, maybe steel and turquoise or orange and white. I thought about it and I'm going to make it a house honoured by the Dark Angels and the Imperial Navy. There's one decal on the optional sheet that I just need to have on my Titan. (The one with the Skeleton Keys and Anchor.)

Can't wait until next week!

The Standard Bearer has been complete and I'm 1/3rd done my Command Squad! (Standard Bearer, Apothecary and Company Champion, I've got plenty of other Veterans painted already.)

Name:	WP_20140303_11_20_52_Pro.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	156.5 KB 
ID:	7631Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20140303_11_23_52_Pro.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	175.4 KB 
ID:	7632Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20140303_11_25_58_Pro.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	177.4 KB 
ID:	7633Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20140303_11_26_23_Pro.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	168.8 KB 
ID:	7634

Really happy with this guy, I thought about putting a Lightning Claw on him, until I realized that this is the Standard of Devastation! Only a bolter will do for this guy! So I primed up one of my Umbra Ferrox pattern bolters and cut off the bolt-pistol on one of the extended hands and slapped it on there. I really want to get the others done, but between doing some real work and my new Knight, it might be some time before Master Alxe gets his full Command Squad.

Speaking of which, if you haven't already done so, my [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?42222-Help-with-Knight-colour-scheme!"]Knight has need of a colour scheme[/URL] and Friday is when it finally gets warm enough to prime models around here. So cast a vote and lets find out how my titan is going to look!

Thanks for stopping by!

Librarian

Looking good so far. Keep it up.
    "Let them come. We shall smite them down where they stand" Warsmith Vorax of the 15th Grand Battalion.

First-Captain

wow your DA army really stands out, I'm loving the Cat Termies, they look amazing, and great paintjob on the Libby.

The Standard for your command squad looks amazing for freehand work.

I look forward to seeing more of this army latter on when you've added/finish more units... because lets face it no army is ever finished
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

So I have a tournament coming in... *checks date*... oh crap, 20 days. So I've been painting my Knight titan with the colour scheme you guys helped me pick out and I'm loving the results! Today I'm working on the Chainblade and I thought I'd give you guys my most current W.I.P. shot!

Name:	WP_20140407_14_44_50_Pro.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	151.7 KB 
ID:	8165

I haven't got a name nailed down just yet, but I did think of a top contender a while ago. So meet: Propter Vestra Peccatum. The Consequence of your Sins.
    Last edited by interrogator_chaplain; 04-07-2014 at 02:13 PM.

So, tomorrow is the Rumble in the North tournament and I've feverishly been painting since the last update, managed to get my Knight to tabletop ready standard, enough that I won't feel embarrassed to field him. I also had to conscript my brother to help get a shiny new Rhino painted and last night I finished my Apothecary. In honour of the event, I've assembled my forces and got them ready for a group shot. I feel this is the proudest they'll look until they get totally slaughtered tomorrow.

Name:	WP_20140425_14_59_18_Refocus (1).jpg 
Views:	462 
Size:	203.4 KB 
ID:	8447

Name:	WP_20140425_15_00_16_Refocus (1).jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	223.7 KB 
ID:	8448

Name:	WP_20140425_15_01_35_Pro.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	158.2 KB 
ID:	8449

Name:	WP_20140425_15_02_01_Refocus (1).jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	162.9 KB 
ID:	8450

Name:	WP_20140425_15_03_45_Pro.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	179.6 KB 
ID:	8451

While I have hope for my army (I playtested and everything this time!) they are Dark Angels, and while I love 'em, they're not the strongest 'dex around. So here's hoping Propter Vestra Peccatum can kick some backside!

Keep your fingers crossed for me from around 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. -5GMT, and thanks for taking a look!

For the Lion and the Emperor and All Glory to TAR!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast