BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chapter-Master

the other issue is that for such a big lot of minis, there will always be stuff in there people don't want.

I only buy unpainted second hand stuff personally.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I only buy unbuilt second hand stuff. xD
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

I consider undercoated for the right model, but generally unpainted for metal, unbuilt for plastic.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

The second-hand market's much more like a bazaar than a market. You've gotta hope the right person comes along and make it as enticing as possible. Strip the paint from your minis and they'll be more valuable. I haven't looked at your army, but even Golden Daemon standard models wouldn't sell that well, because they wouldn't fit into an existing force and are at a standard the painted can't hope to match for future models. If it's badly painted, there's more work for the end user to do in order to make it usable, so the value's less. Even a competent paintjob will probably not be in the desired colour scheme, or maybe they're not assembled too well, or with bad options.

Speaking as someone who spends a lot of time trawling Wargaming Trading on Facebook, and EBay. We had a local guy try to earn money by buying old models, painting them, then selling them. Didn't make anything more than a loss, despite our warnings.

Tyranids are also very lackluster, and if it's not a force set up to be a decent army, it's even less valuable. Selling second-hand models is a crapshoot. You're best off sitting on them and waiting for the right buyer to make an offer.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Daemon-Prince

Ha thats why I am doing a flat 50% off retail since I just want to clean up.
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Brother-Captain

Splitting into chunks might help too. I'd never spend hundreds of dollars on a large army, no matter how good the deal was, because I never have hundreds of dollars of spare money I could use. But I may consider something useful for my army at a lower price.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    Splitting into chunks might help too. I'd never spend hundreds of dollars on a large army, no matter how good the deal was, because I never have hundreds of dollars of spare money I could use. But I may consider something useful for my army at a lower price.
    Good Idea, Any Suggestions for what to put in groups?

Chapter-Master

I would do it by squad type personally
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I would do it by squad type personally
    Fixed, Figured I would keep the painted stuff together.

[url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?58748-H-Tyranids-WoC-Misc-W-bolt-action-Malafaux-CANADA&p=516617#post516617[/url]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123