BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Which is your favourite iconic weapon?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bolter

20 48.78%
  • Lasgun

2 4.88%
  • Shuriken Catapult

2 4.88%
  • Shoota

1 2.44%
  • Deathspitter

0 0%
  • Gauss Flayer

0 0%
  • Pulserifle

2 4.88%
  • Splinter Rifle

0 0%
  • Galvanic Rifle

0 0%
  • Other (please specify)

14 34.15%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Which is your favourite iconic weapon and why?

Well?

Personally, for me it's always been the bolter; back when I was eleven, the idea that there could be a science fiction future where people didn't use laser weapons was staggering in its originality. That these non-laser weapons would basically look like AK-47s was even more amazing, because it felt so much more real. Then to discover that they shoot rockets?

And I know it's not, and has never, had a great in-game profile. I know that mechanically, it's the yardstick by which every other ranged weapon is measured against, making it the most average gun in the setting.

But for fluff, every other weapon in 40K has basically been playing catch-up as far as I'm concerned.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

As the game is all about Space Marines anyways it has to be the bolter. Also the list lacks melee weapons where the Powerfist would come in at a close second.

Radium Carbine.

Such a ridiculously unhinged weapon. Shoots you in the face, then jobs your mates with lethal radiation. Lovely stuff!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Sorry, forgot to add - ranged weapons! Otherwise, yeah, the powerfist is pretty much second.

Yeah, melee weapons need a poll of their own...
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Or.......a polearm of their own.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

Bolter, so much of the game is predicated on how you stack up compared to the bolter and the marines holding them to a lesser extent.

Occuli Imperator

Bolter has to be the iconic weapon of 40k.

The standard tactical marine is the iconic character of 40k, so much so they built a mahooosive statue to him, and his weapon, the bolter.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Technically a meele weapon but it has a ranged profile: Singing Spear (so Other)

Librarian

I've got two ranged weapons 1st the hand held conversion beamer and 2nd the mole mortar aka thunder fire cannon

Chapter-Master

I was going to say plasma gun, but 40k is about space marines and bolters. Everything always comes back to space marines.
    Sure you don't need to play space marines, but every boxset comes with space marines and bolters.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast