BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Shocking.
    Isn't it though? Frankly, I don't know how they can sleep at night.

The thing that hurts is the terrible design of that t shirt and the fashion sense of anyone lame enough to wear it.
    It's not gonna win any fashion awards, but then neither does most fashion.

People can be butthurt about Age of Sigmar all they want
    Christ thanks man, I was beginning to think you'd never issue your approval.

that doesn't excuse wearing a T Shirt that makes them look like the world's biggest dork.
    Maybe be it's my age, but I stopped worrying about what random s**tcreeps in the street though of my attire some time in my mid 20s. I'm 44.

I'm just saying that no one could convict me for beating someone up in that shirt.
    I'm no barrister, but I think you may be mistaken.*

Imagine them trying to mumble through their sperg-fog
    Explain please, I don't speak youth.

They could save time for the potential customers but impregnating it with a faint-to-middling aroma of cheese, unwashed armpit and Axe body spray and adding realistic food stains.
    I'm sure your Insignia makes you smell like a manly spring meadow.

What does the matching Fedora look like? Does it have 7 different fonts on too?
    Fedoras are cool. Like Fezs.

* I checked with our gaming Barrister, you're mistaken.
    Last edited by Cutter; 11-04-2015 at 07:07 AM.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Chaplain

Its just a niche market shirt. No reason to get up in arms over it..get it. No..damn..

Quote Originally Posted by Alaric View Post
    No reason to get up in arms over it
    More like in it.

The criticism on the shirt that it's ugly, uses too many different fonts, and is entirely incomprehensible to anyone who doesn't know what warhammer fantasy battles is, is a valid criticism. However "geeks", typically "anti-social fanatics" don't care about "fashion"

I still see overweight men with huge beer guts with their messenger bags that have anime girls on them.

Furthermore as Alaric noted it's a niche market shirt. It's not "fashion." Graphic tees are not "fashion" and neither are blue jeans (or sweat pants, but some sweat pants are fashion, it gets confusing fast, hell some blue jeans are fashion but that just means you paid more for them ).

Like, for example, a story which comes to mind involves a person who went to a summer camp for ruby programming, in ruby a symbol is preceded by ":" as in php it would be preceded by "$" or something similar, essentially :variable would tell the code that variable is special, it's not just text, it's a symbol.

So one guy had a shirt which simply said ":SEX" which, if you know ruby, you read it as "Sex Symbol"

Pretty clever, no? Well to everyone who doesn't know ruby (most people) it reads as "colon sex" and that's got a lot of different connotations than "sex symbol".

So yes, you're welcome to wear this ugly shirt (it's pretty funny though) and declare your love for an unsupported, dead tabletop fantasy wargame which was a small part of a niche hobby.

I'm just surprised that people are paying this much money for a junk t-shirt, I would think that given how much complaining I hear about prices people wouldn't be so quick to pay so much for a t-shirt and instead would focus on better value buys at local establishments :P

First-Captain

Clothes are not a medium for jokes. Especially crap ones that nerds think are clever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    Isn't it though? Frankly, I don't know how they can sleep at night.

It's not gonna win any fashion awards, but then neither does most fashion.

Christ thanks man, I was beginning to think you'd never issue your approval.

Maybe be it's my age, but I stopped worrying about what random s**tcreeps in the street though of my attire some time in my mid 20s. I'm 44.

I'm no barrister, but I think you may be mistaken.*

Explain please, I don't speak youth.

I'm sure your Insignia makes you smell like a manly spring meadow.

Fedoras are cool. Like Fezs.

* I checked with our gaming Barrister, you're mistaken.
    ITT: Replies from stained fedora wearers with BO and an anime t-shirt.

Librarian

Clothes are not a medium for jokes. Especially crap ones that nerds think are clever.
    There's an entire industry that disagrees with you, but I'm guessing this isn't a new feeling.

ITT: Replies from stained fedora wearers with BO and an anime t-shirt.
    Now you're just flirting with me, sorry dood, I've been crushingly hetro since I discovered what it was for.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

I kind of like it. I'll agree that it's not pretty but I'd wear it to the local GW if I had any reason to go there.

So yes, you're welcome to wear this ugly shirt (it's pretty funny though) and declare your love for an unsupported, dead tabletop fantasy wargame which was a small part of a niche hobby.
    Which is pretty funny though as all GW systems are pretty much unsupported compared to KoW. And to see AoS as more as a "small part of a niche hobby" would also be bold.

First-Captain

Yeah that kings of war sure is well supported. With it's total lack of any fun game play.

You've never played Kings of War I'm assuming.

and are you're obviously either trolling or ignorant. Mantic don't support their games, they Kickstart them, release a half-arsed product and have moved on the next Kickstarter before anyone even gets everything they paid for.

FYI: To use the ignore feature on this forum...

Go to your [Settings] and in the left Nav Panel under My Account, select [Edit Ignore List], type the username you wish to ignore in the Ignore List blank and click [Okay]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12