BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Ruin Terrain

Thumbs up Ruin Terrain

I am just spreading the word on the terrain that i cm across on kickstarter today, i am looking for a deal. Anyways, found some ruins on there and they are in the U.S., check it out and see if you like it.

I will provide the link below

[url]https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/56924169/mini-duels-table-top-terrain-for-28mm-games?ref=nav_search[/url]

Chaplain

With the best will in the world, this is poor quality terrain.
    Compare it to the British companies WarGamesTournaments or Wargame-model-mods, or the Australian CNC Workshop, all of whom I have first hand experience of buying from, or the American Brush4Hire.
    Each of those four companies sell infinitely better product.

It's good that you wish to provide an alternative to Games Workshop Terrain, but have a look at the standard of product that other people are putting out and try to provide better or at least equally good stuff.

I genuinely wouldn't by anything from your Kickstarter, and if I had and then saw the other companies' terrain, then I'd feel cheated.

I'm not a big fan of wood terrain myself. There's little detail to it, which means you have to be a decent painter to get it looking good on the board, and that's definitely not me.

Plastic stuff is my preferred. Easy to work with, light enough to make some precarious looking builds, and sturdy enough to stand up to the reasonable rigours of gaming.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Pssyche View Post
    With the best will in the world, this is poor quality terrain.
    Compare it to the British companies WarGamesTournaments or Wargame-model-mods, or the Australian CNC Workshop, all of whom I have first hand experience of buying from, or the American Brush4Hire.
    Each of those four companies sell infinitely better product.

It's good that you wish to provide an alternative to Games Workshop Terrain, but have a look at the standard of product that other people are putting out and try to provide better or at least equally good stuff.

I genuinely wouldn't by anything from your Kickstarter, and if I had and then saw the other companies' terrain, then I'd feel cheated.
    Seems ok to me, the only complaint would be one of style, its obviously not going to be to everyones taste but for the price it seems reasonable for what you get. Style and price point is always going to be down to the individual gamer. Personally I dont kickstart but at the price offered Id probably consider buying normally some of this stuff for a table given budget constraints we all have in a hobby.

and ignore the whining about MDF, nothing wrong with it and it doesnt require some advance painting skill or anything to make it look good.
    Last edited by daboarder; 09-11-2015 at 04:14 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Everyone has there own preference of terrain. I am a big infinity player and have another full table of another company and it was expensive and made from mdf. I personally like the wood look form them and other manufactures but cost is always a issue when making a table and I like variety. I am going to get a set of the containers as well because they will work great when stacked. I am not a plastic terrain guy because I don't want to paint it bit it is the same for any terrain (painting).

They ave updates there kickstarter with a few items painted for us to see. They are also showing table setups. Check them out on kickstarter Miniduels Bigger terrain and almost funded. I dont know why the picture keeps coming out upside down. here is the link
    [url]https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/56924169/mini-duels-table-top-terrain-for-28mm-games?ref=nav_search[/url]
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150915_214421.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	163.6 KB 
ID:	15841Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150916_104544.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	232.9 KB 
ID:	15842
    Last edited by Peter79; 09-18-2015 at 06:33 AM.