BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

During the Great Crusade, Power Armour suits were mass produced at an enormous scale, unlike in the 41st millennium when most suits are treasured relics of the chapter, thousands of years old, with the collective gilting and embellishments of perhaps 100s of owners.

Chapter-Master

A functional release that fills an important niche with the BA legion, but nothing that personally excites me.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    I agree I'm underwhelmed, the bare head is particularly poor tbh. Still gonna hit me right in the wallet...
    wait...

you're underwhelmed and you're STILL going to buy them?

No wonder GW can raise prices with impunity!

Personally, as a BA player and no particular fan of the SM aesthetic, especially the HH era look - I think these things are stinking piles of excrement. I expect better from FW. Of course as a BA player I'm used to disappointment when it comes to the non-core services from GW. There hasn't been a single decent Black Library BA novel ever.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Brother-Captain

Is it just me or does the un-helmeted head look more than a little bit like Peter Capaldi? I just can't un-see it.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Chapter-Master

I don't understand what people want, these are standard conversion kits for blood angels, not bling suits for elite units. they were never going to be more ornate than this, and it would be really weird if they were.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I think they are quite ornate for line troopers.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Yeah, I got to agree with the above 2 comments, their unique units, primarch, contempter ect will most probably be more ornate and stylised whenever that stuff gets done.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    wait...

Personally, as a BA player and no particular fan of the SM aesthetic, especially the HH era look - I think these things are stinking piles of excrement. I expect better from FW. Of course as a BA player I'm used to disappointment when it comes to the non-core services from GW. There hasn't been a single decent Black Library BA novel ever.
    I've got a big pile of mk3 boarding marines, I'll buy the shoulder pads (i'm happy with those) And a single set of helmets for some variety, probably shave the filigree off and leave the blood drops on - it's what I did to the tacticals. I'm disappointed in the torsos as I was hoping for more legion symbol(like the bottom left one) and less filigree. I won't be getting them, but they've what's disappointed me the most. But yeah I didn't explain myself properly, underwhelmed was just my initial reaction - some of which was obviously down to what I'd been hoping for.

You not a fan of Eisenhorn then?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I don't understand what people want, these are standard conversion kits for blood angels, not bling suits for elite units. they were never going to be more ornate than this, and it would be really weird if they were.
    They're the opposite. They're too ornate. I wanted symbols not filigree.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

If I was doing BA I'd just use the plastic BA Tactical Squad box for standard troops.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    wait...

This is why the forum needs a like button. Anyhoo, unless you're a BA player, these appear meh.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast