BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Angry Rip off: The realmgate wars: Call of archaon - quick reads subscription

I have not received either of the 2 story's since subscribing and all inquiries to Games Workshop have gone unanswered.
    Am I missing something?
    Per GW, the new story's do not appear in my account under downloads or anywhere else for that matter.
    A waste of $23

I got it, and read the Black Thumb. I haven't had a problem.

I've successfully obtained the first one under the subscription.

Second one appears to be there - login to your account, then 'My Downloads'.

If the ePub file is showing 5.5mb size, and the Mobi 10.7mb size, then both stories are there. (it does however look like there's just the first one. But trust me on this!)

Click on it to begin your download.

Though I am having difficulty opening the second one. As I use an iPad, I have to open it via a Zip File Extractor, and then read the file via the Kindle App.

Kindle App doesn't seem to like it! But, I have been able to open the ePub file via the extractor. It's not ideal, but at least I can read it now

I've emailed BL about it.
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 08-11-2015 at 07:21 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Obvious question, are you sure you confirmed payment? I so, are you're in the same account your purchased with? You'd be surprised how often these things are the culprit.

Anyway, once you've checked those are correct, if you're not have any joy you should speak to your bank or paypal, depending on how you paid for it.

Yep confirmed payment.
    I just noticed the ePub file is showing 5.5mb size, and the Mobi 10.7mb size.
    Not sure if this is a result of my email to them or this post...
    Last edited by chipset35; 08-11-2015 at 10:56 AM.

Took a bit for my one to update.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

OP - did you get your copy in the end?

Yes and no...I have 2 books, but the mobi and ePub readers are driving me nuts as is the Black Library site.
    There is no way to tell if your subscription has been updated other than file size.
    And having to download the same sub file to get the new reads is a piss poor way of doing things.
    Also, after weeks of a buggy AoS application that worked great until they updated it, it works fine now but I have lost my interest due to all the hiccups.