BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    I made no assumptions, I talked about my personal experiences that I've observed and experienced with both 8th Edition and Age of Sigmar, and then how they match up with the opinions of Jervis Johnson.
    You put your personal experiences and observations and projected them onto me.

I'm sorry that you feel that moving big units of models is somehow more tactical than moving individual models and thus don't like the new game.
    Uh, where did I say anything about "moving big units of models...[makes it] more tactical"?

*looks back at text*

Yeah, I'm not seeing it anywhere. Again, projection.

Also, charging actually means a great deal more in Age of Sigmar than it did in 8th, +1 to combat resolution is nothing compared to the bonuses appropriate units (ones that would make a devastating, battle winning charge, like Knights) get for charging.
    Again, I was addressing Mystery's original statement that said that "charging doesn't mean much anymore." And yeah, I know full well how devastating those Knight charges can be in AoS, as I was on the tail end of two of them after facing my Bretonnian friend.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    You put your personal experiences and observations and projected them onto me.

Uh, where did I say anything about "moving big units of models...[makes it] more tactical"?

*looks back at text*

Yeah, I'm not seeing it anywhere. Again, projection.

Again, I was addressing Mystery's original statement that said that "charging doesn't mean much anymore." And yeah, I know full well how devastating those Knight charges can be in AoS, as I was on the tail end of two of them after facing my Bretonnian friend.
    I think your irrational hatred of a game changing has seriously got you paranoid, I think you need to chill out a bit, and also look up what projection actually means.

I didn't put anything on you, I didn't even read your ranting post until now.

I put the idea of the new game in a context based on my experiences, I didn't mention you or anything you'd written directly. If I was going to pick up on anything you said, it'd be throwing around the word retard for no reason.

You said that it would be a cause for concern that charging doesn't mean anything, if you were aware of the fact that charges by the right units can be rightly game winning, why didn't you correct Mystery when you were replying to him rather than rant on about the game being faulty because charging didn't mean anything?

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    I think your irrational hatred of a game changing has seriously got you paranoid, I think you need to chill out a bit, and also look up what projection actually means.

I didn't put anything on you, I didn't even read your ranting post until now.

I put the idea of the new game in a context based on my experiences, I didn't mention you or anything you'd written directly. If I was going to pick up on anything you said, it'd be throwing around the word retard for no reason.

You said that it would be a cause for concern that charging doesn't mean anything, if you were aware of the fact that charges by the right units can be rightly game winning, why didn't you correct Mystery when you were replying to him rather than rant on about the game being faulty because charging didn't mean anything?
    Dude, there's nothing irrational about what I've said. I don't hate AoS. I don't like it, but I don't hate it. I'm far from paranoid. I'm simply confident in *my* observation of the game and am heavily critical of it.

The fact that you're apparently not willing to read anything I've written before my previous post means that I apparently can't have a level discussion or argument with you. As such this will be my last post addressing you in this thread.

You were projecting, though likely without meaning to. It happens. We're all human.

Because *all* charges should have weight, not just a single type of unit's charge. You need to re-read what I wrote in context of Mystery's post. You're not taking it entirely out of context, but you seem to be skewing it a little.

But, like I said, this is my last post addressing you Path Walker, in this thread, so g'night! Keep gaming. Seriously, if you like AoS, that's cool. Won't change my mind or opinions based on the evidence, but it's cool.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

okey first off Katharon you have every right to like or dislike age of sigmar but this is the wrong place for that if you have a problem with my spelling then you must also have a problem with your reading heres the title (Rate this formation of units in Age of Sigmar) not rate age of sigmar... so people can we get back on the core topic...
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Xaric View Post
    okey first off Katharon you have every right to like or dislike age of sigmar but this is the wrong place for that if you have a problem with my spelling then you must also have a problem with your reading heres the title (Rate this formation of units in Age of Sigmar) not rate age of sigmar... so people can we get back on the core topic...
    Sorry to have distracted it so far, but my original question was what you responded to and then I responded to that response...etc, et al. Anyway, my bad.

From what I've seen of the rules, these units should do dandy. Just hope you don't go against someone with a lot of ranged units.

yep that is one of the big weaknesses to the unit but eh this is a game and every game has a weakness and strengths to the game pieces

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Shouldn't this be in the army lists section? If I'm honest, there aren't any tactics in AoS. It's more about situation-dependent actions on the player's part...
    Is that not the definition of tactics? :-P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xaric View Post
    1 Herald of Khorne
    Two activations if he strikes and if he is within a range of a blood letter unit also that bloodletter unit gets re-rolls to hit of 1s.

1 Bloodsecrator
    When he useis his abilty all Khorne keyword units gain 1+ attack to all weapons and make everyone immune to battleshock that are keyword Khorne.

1 Bloodstoker
    When he targets a friendly Khorne unit they get +3" run/charge and re-roll to wounds of 1s

Unit of 20 Bloodletters or more
    Due to having 20+ bloodletters they have +1 to there hit results of there weapons

So that means these bloodletters can reroll hits and wounds of 1s charge a possible 15" and get 2 attacks each wile hitting on 3+ that if rolling a 6 cause's a mortal wound so if about 10 of them got in close combat that means they get 20 attacks your guarantee to get at least some mortal wounds in that attack
    Seems like a very weak army versus an army like my skaven all ranged force?

Possibly but it also comes down to first turn and also other elements in the game

Khorne doesn't get many options for "ranged to combat ranged" though really... What else would you suggest he add to his Khorne build to be better suited for ranged? He has the stoker to move em faster already. That should help minimize the damage and close the gap... hmmm

But yeah you can pretty much bank on your dudes taking a wacking when a storm of arrows (etc) comes in. I would suggest at a minimum increase your unit to 25-30 Bloodletters so that you can keep the 20 minimum for your bonus when it comes time for the hand-to-hand, or if you end up on the receiving end of a charge!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12