BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Just read through this, looks great, well done and thanks for sharing

Just a quick clarification on battalion point costs, I assume the likes of the stormcast warrior chamber would cost for each separate battalion and then additional for the chamber rules, so would cost 22 points for a warrior chamber! (Don't think I will ever play a game big enough to use it or ever own that many storm casts but thought I'd ask - there is also bloodbound warhorde with variable battalions included)

Also can units in battalions be any size (within the battalion restrictions) as you pay for the units individually

Thank you for all your hard work, I can't wait to try this out 😀

If a batallion costs other battalions then yeah you pay for each one. The battallion costs need tested a bit more in depth. Battalions can be any size so long as they conform to the size restrictions in the batallion itself.

They would indeed be used for large scale games.

Thanks for the input

Thanks. I was not aware of the islands of blood. There are a lot of formations I bet I'm missing that i've been adding as people tell me about them

Hello!

We have played again this weekend and things moved switfly. We used some scenarios from books and regular victory points games.

Only few things i found odd:
    * Iron Guts seem quite good for their points
    * High Elf Spearmen seem quite costly, specially compared with Dark Elves Dreadspears. Shoulnd't them be cheaper?

Hope this can help

I'll look. I know most of the ogres got a points increase back in October.

Thanks

Dreadspears and High Elf spears are similar. The main difference is high elf spearmen get an additional attack when they have 20 or more models, so their damage output puts them in the tier that makes them 3 pts for 10. The damage output just put them into the third tier but barely.

Dark elf spear were on the cusp of going to 2 pts but are still in the bottom most tier and thus are only 1 pt but are at the top of that tier.

In a tiering system, this is a common occurrence.

With the coming of the official GW points, I have binned this project as being no longer necessary or even useful. Azyr Empires is also on hold until they decide to drop these "official points" so that I can evaluate if they are more of the same unbalanced garbage that their points usually are, or if its worth my time to continue working on this project using the GW universe.

Brother-Captain

I wouldn't bin it just yet mate, may be put it on ice. We're at rumour control at this point and there's a lot of backslapping going on but nothing to suggest GW is going to produce anything tournament style in fact didn't the rumours say "campaigns". I'm thinking it isn't what some might expect.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I am definitely waiting and seeing. I don't think it'll matter if its for campaigns, open play, or tournaments, any form of composition rules GW pushes will be the new community standard and fan comp systems like mine are not going to be given a sideways glance at that point.

I am returning to finish my own game project up and publish it. I doubt it will make any headway but it is the type of game I enjoy playing so there is at least that.

Brother-Captain

Well I wish you luck with your project. It's something I've toyed with but never found the time to develop. I look forward to seeing what you put togeather.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast