BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Tau Urban Strikeforce

The missile Broadside is my Shas'vre Oblotai 9-0, to go with the [url=http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?53875-Farside-Enclave-Five-of-The-Eight]five of The Eight[/url] I've made so far.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chapter-Master

wow, those suits look fantastic all painted up
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

First-Captain

yeah - as soon as you realize they are fully painted, you realize how well they are painted. Is the colour intentionally so close to bare plastic, or is that due to the camera and lighting?
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Not deliberate; it's just the brightness of the light - they're actually about a shade darker than bare plastic in real life. But yes, that particular tone of grey is entirely deliberate - old school urban camo grey!

Wait. Tau have hair? They look great.

In regular Tau armies, they've got this dumb-looking Padawan/Khal Drogo bullsh!t going on.

My army is essentially supposed to be a near-future human force, so that stuff gets dropped. Because I think it's dumb-looking. Sideknots are never right for anyone.

THIS IS HOW TAU SIDE KNOTS LOOK TO ME.

Battle-Brother

How did you get that dust effect? It looks fantastic.
    Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/productions-20ml-pigment-rubble-mig00234/dp/B00AMB70V4]MiG Rubble Dust pigment[/url], applied dry with a Fine Detail brush, carefully pushed into the grooves and corners of the armour. I then just blew/wiped the excess away.

Pigments are absolutely where it's at when it comes to weathering. Forge World's stuff is okay - I just think the selection of colours isn't as good, or as realistic as MiG's... Plus the bottles they come in are a little unstable due their height/width ration.