BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Please, NO. They can't be that ridiculous. Wait, no, they can. But I'm begging them not to. It's already hard enough trying to figure out what the new name for a paint is when they change every few years, but just changing names just because they decided to blow up a world? That'd make the charts they've put in *two* White Dwarf issues in the last year utterly useless, because the names would be wrong. Inconveniencing customers a good bit just to try to push your new game and tell them the old one never existed is not a good way to bring in more people, just piss off the existing customers.
    Main reason I switched the majority of my base colours to Vallejo years ago. I simply got sick of the constant name and colour changes... and the shrinking pots with rising prices didn't hurt either.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan66 View Post
    so GW can have ownership of all the words, races and weapons and no one else can produce a figure that might in any way be mistaken for a GW alternative,sad...so sad...it's a sad sad situation...and sorry seems to be the hardest word !
    it is a good job that that isn't what is happening then
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    it is a good job that that isn't what is happening then
    They changed a lot of names to try to have copyright-friendly names for basic fantasy ideas, and they can copyright those names, sure (but I'll still call an Orc an Orc, and a Troll a Troll), but yeah, the idea of them keeping anyone else from making similar looking models is laughable. Heck, the CH lawsuit proved that. CH makes stuff that uses distinct imagery from GW.

The way GW *is* going to try to protect themselves is to make sure no rules exist without a model on the market already, which AoS is really good for. But even so, if someone wanted to make their own version of "Stormcast Eternals," they could do so, as long as they didn't call them "Stormcast Eternals."

Just look at how Kromlech's created a huge line of replacement models for 40K Orks that work perfectly in a GW Ork army. All they do is call them something different.

On the paints, Erik, when I said "in the next go-around" I mean in, like, maybe five or six years, minimum. I don't anticipate they'd do it having only launched them recently.

I mean, it's not like the Old World is actually gone-gone when it comes to licensing. Or else what's Warhammer: Total War, eh?
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Err, sorry Kirsten I don't understand your comment. Offcourse that's why GW have changed all the names...so they can own them and shut down any one else copying them. Currently anyone can make an Orc or a dwarf because they are not owned by GW but a , whatever the new names are , are now GW owned. It will not stop other companies making something that looks similar, but they cannot use the names....why else would they do it sweety ?

Fly Lord

via birds in the trees 7-20-2015

- As mentioned, August holds Chaos terrain kits and Khorne minis.

- Look for a Khorne set of Blood Warriors with more weapon options.

- Look for 1-2 Khorne clampack characters.

- Into September look for a second Campaign book featuring Skaven, Dwarfs, Elfs, Tzeentch.

- Tzeentch will get a handful of new kits.

- There will be a very short 40K Tzeentch release window alongside the kits.

- Summer is rounded out by more Age of Sigmar racial kits then back to 40K for Fall.

Now add that on top of yesterday's set and a clearer picture starts to form:

via birds in the trees 7-18-2015

- August will focus almost entirely on Chaos

- Look for Chaos themed terrain

- New Khorne boxed sets to build off of what is in the AoS boxed set - basically the Khorne version of the Stormcast Eternal kits we've seen these past few weeks.

- Look for Tzeentch to make appearance at the tail end of August

- Tzeentch is said to getting lavish attention this year in both Age of Sigmar and Warhammer 40,000. Whispers of the new all plastic Lord of Change abound.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

7-21-2015 [URL="http://natfka.blogspot.com/2015/07/back-with-this-weeks-pre-orders.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed& utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Faeit212+%28Faeit+212%29"]Via Faeit [/URL]

It appears Faeit is the OP of these images. Looks like new bases are INCOMING!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	release2.PNG 
Views:	194 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	15151Click image for larger version. 

Name:	release1.PNG 
Views:	195 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	15152
    Want even more? Checkout spikeybitsblog.com

So I just got the age of sigmar app and was looking at the warscroll section. Is the Herald of Tzeentch on foot and plague priest models new or just not currently being sold on the website?

Herald of Tzeentch is from the Chariot kit.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Initiate

to avoid any confusion - it's not a new RoB tile, it's a whole new board, as far as i know

Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast