BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

Those models were so so bad, are so bad, will always be bad, its certainly something when Mantic's version is better than GW.

AoS can also be used to make some zombie survival type scenarios, get a unit of Empire with crossbows or something and a Hero of some kind and fight a Necromancer and units of zombies, see if you can survive till daybreak (6 turns), if you don't, swap sides and see how long the opponent can last!

Chapter-Master

nope, +1 to hit and to wound on zombies per 10, plus the chance of turning enemies in to zombies, and getting better with a corpse cart nearby. and merging zombie units together to get those bonuses...
    Last edited by Kirsten; 07-07-2015 at 06:28 AM.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    What we have now is a removal of barriers to get everyone playing. Got a dusty box of the old monopose Chaos Warriors? Get them based and get battling. Found some random toot at a jumble sale, pre-slotta? Get them battling.

It's a very, very bold move.
    And Dogs of War?

Oh, right, they still get to sit on a shelf and do nothing.

I wonder whether the "classic" warscrolls will stick around once they get the other armies produced and on the market. I'd guess no, considering that they have joke rules to try to make us feel socially awkward and not want to play in public (wow, they REALLY don't know their customer base), and they'd prefer people move to the new stuff ASAP. That then leaves the concern of whether the "classic" stuff will still be considered "official" in any setting. My guess is that it won't be, sort of like how the DoW, Kislev, Middenheim, Dwarf Slayer, and other lists were actually compatible with later editions of WFB, but people were "discouraged" from playing games with them because GW had dropped them.

Since I don't really buy models I'm not playing games with, I'm probably done buying fantasy models from GW for a few months at least. Their recent "answers" suggest that any money I spend would end up becoming moot the moment they got around to releasing the appropriate army.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    And Dogs of War?

I wonder whether the "classic" warscrolls will stick around once they get the other armies produced and on the market. I'd guess no, considering that they have joke rules to try to make us feel socially awkward and not want to play in public (wow, they REALLY don't know their customer base), and they'd prefer people move to the new stuff ASAP.
    Sorry but bull. Firstly, you don't have to ever use said silly rules. Secondly that's not what the supposed rep said at all.

And of course they want us to move onto the new stuff. AoS is an attempt to increase sales. They won't do that if there is no reason to ever buy another model.
    Warseer refugee.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    And Dogs of War?

I wonder whether the "classic" warscrolls will stick around once they get the other armies produced and on the market.
    I am still very surprised to not see any of the current Warhammer Forge stuff getting 'scrolls.

One of the advantages we have is that the Warscrolls will be compatible until the next edition of Age of Sigmar.

So download them all, and print them off as much as you'd like.

www.GardenNinja.com

Chapter-Master

if GW don't release them as actual physical scrolls at some point I shall be very disappointed.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Those models were so so bad, are so bad, will always be bad, its certainly something when Mantic's version is better than GW.

AoS can also be used to make some zombie survival type scenarios, get a unit of Empire with crossbows or something and a Hero of some kind and fight a Necromancer and units of zombies, see if you can survive till daybreak (6 turns), if you don't, swap sides and see how long the opponent can last!
    I've been waiting for GW to do some proper zombies forever! That kit has such easy crossover between AoS and 40k.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by odinsgrandson View Post
    I am still very surprised to not see any of the current Warhammer Forge stuff getting 'scrolls.
    Well, if you go on the Forge World site, there is a banner ad saying those are coming soon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    I've been waiting for GW to do some proper zombies forever! That kit has such easy crossover between AoS and 40k.
    Mine are all on round bases anyway because i used them for Necromunda! Wahey!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Yup.

Points seem to have gone the way of the Dodo, but that doesn't mean their won't be other composition factors to consider.

What we have now is a removal of barriers to get everyone playing. Got a dusty box of the old monopose Chaos Warriors? Get them based and get battling. Found some random toot at a jumble sale, pre-slotta? Get them battling.

It's a very, very bold move.
    This is the particular excerpt that gives me hope.

"They are going to fully support all modes of play, and will be releasing rules to balance armies against each other. There will be narrative campaigns where your forces are picked for you for specific missions, and there will be a system for tournament players to balance lists that isn't based on model count. He did not know the specifics of this, but said it is definitely coming"

After 30 years points still never worked that great so trying some new balancing mechanic is fine by me. Honestly if they want to just say something like 'take this set of warscrolls with this quantity of models and it compares to this set/quantity from each other army, then I'm good with it.'

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Mine are all on round bases anyway because i used them for Necromunda! Wahey!
    Ha! Mine are still the old ugly metal ones from early WFB and Necromunda too. The plastic kit just never captured my imagination... although I've raided it for several bitz over the years.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

The problem with points from GW's perspective is summed up by half the threads here on BOLS when something new comes out, ie. "great model, costs too many points so it's not competitive, why would you take it". GW doesn't want to give people reasons not to buy their cool new things. So here we are.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast