Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Common decency?

Not being a power gaming arse?

Respect for your fellow gamers?

Lots of things really.
    Howd that work for 7th ed 40k?

Oh.......I am so sorry fantasy players
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    lol, 'we warned you' as if you know the slightest thing. how is being patient and waiting for proof karma? what a tit.
    Not to mention they have literally been predicting doom and gloom for ten years, and even now its just based on not actually knowing anything about how the actual game functions, its pure kneejerk reaction to admittedly huge changes. Say something long enough and eventually it will happen, then the cretins come out and demand respect for getting something right. As always the fandoms reaction to anything new is ****ing pathetic. We have only the most slight inkling of how anything functions and everyone is ****ting themselves over it.

Hell if it does bomb GW will just try something else, its not like they are going to drop the millions and millions of pounds they have invested into WFB.

Edit: I mean the fact that people are treating 'wait and see before you start hating' as a illogical position of support for GW shows up ****ed in the head they are.
    Last edited by eldargal; 07-01-2015 at 01:53 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Especially when it appears it may have addressed previous criticism about the game requiring too many models, but hasn't necessarily capped how many you could use.

But hey, as I said - gonna give it a bash. If I enjoy my game on Saturday, I'll pre-order then and there. If not, who knows.
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 07-01-2015 at 01:54 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I think these models are cool and this game sounds enjoyable. Since I have no existing Fantasy armies, this may get me into WHFB or whatever they turn the game into.

And you're not the only one expressing new interest.

Various gaming friends who either haven't played Warhammer, or haven't played it in years are expressing new found interest.

I strongly urge people to just give it a bash. It could be a really great game, it might be seven shades of awful - we just don't know, and its something that will vary from person to person.

But I guarantee you this - a thread on the internet, and the 'opinions' of those who haven't given it a try aren't exactly compelling reasons the game is bad/disappointing etc.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tomgar View Post
    Sorry, but when people reply to any critical opinion with "just wait until it's out before you judge! Stop being a hater!" and then, in the same sentence, unironically say "I'm really excited!" it becomes clear that they're not trying to be moderate, they're just passive aggressively telling any mildly critical person to shut up.
    mildly critical is fine, I am mildly critical of this release. I am also going to wait and see what happens in the next few months. A lot of the comments here are not mildly critical, they are hysterical screeching.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

First-Captain

Honestly, its looking great, the mechanics for choosing your army are nice, you can change stuff up and you can counter your opponent's units as they place them, you control how big the game is by deciding when your army is deployed, if your opponent keeps going, you're going to gain a massive advantage with the sudden death victory so its in their best interest not to.

Did people complaining about the lack of points on Warscrolls not then read the rules on how to start the game before they began kick off online?

I place a War Scroll on to the table, then you do, I can then choose to put another one down or not, if you choose to keep going and out number me, you will risk Sudden Death Victory.

This will be better for pick up games than anything else we've seen, you can bring as many models as you like, slowly build up a collection and still play, thats exactly what the problem was for fantasy, the time and money requirement just to start playing was huge.
    Last edited by Path Walker; 07-01-2015 at 02:40 AM.

I agree with Mr m...for once !
    The game needs a chance. I also think it will start basic but develop as new figures come out and their rules impact on the game lay and tactics.

For me it's the massive change of direction with the figure design and the 40k ing of the warhammer world that is a ball breaker.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    According to Lady_Atia's white dwarf stuff, sounds like every existing Warhammer miniature will have its warscroll downloadable from GW.com, either this weekend or next.

Rules for every extant model.
    I remain sceptical/cynical about that. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of different units were summarized in one warscroll. With less cool rules than upcoming new units.

I'll give it one or two tries but at this point mostly because I already publicly stated that. My willingness to work out ways to balance the game myself is limited at best.

And that's the rub. GW has ditched all that to pick up customers like you, which is great for you. For people like me who enjoyed the nuances of what formation to put my unit in, the vagaries of movement (guessed or random), consulting tables to work out how your models interacted, the joy of outmanoeuvring your opponent to nail that flank charge, it's the end of something we loved.

I get the complexity was off putting to some people, but plenty of people enjoyed the challenge. It was what made the game fun. And it's not like the rules were that complex. I can't help but feel that there was a middle ground to be found, instead of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

How incredibly condescending. Thanks beast, thought you were a bit more respectful than to sink to that level.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast