BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Khan rides to war!

[URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/The_Horus_Heresy/Legiones_Astartes/White_Scars"]New Forge World releases![/URL]

11.50 for both of these

And 9.50 per pack of shoulder pads

Last edited by The Girl; 08-01-2015 at 12:09 AM. Reason: added link
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Brother-Captain

Gotta say I'm loving those helmets. Nice to see the Khan's lot finally get some love from Forgeworld.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

I quite like them too to be fair, although it does look like they have armour sideburns.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

they are an unusual style
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Really liking those helmets - I can see them being fairly popular for random conversions and kit bashes.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Oh those are lovely. I think the do the scars great justice, although much like the wolves I do wonder how they keep their suit pressurized with all that hair sticking out.

XD

Quote Originally Posted by Dlatrex View Post
    Oh those are lovely. I think the do the scars great justice, although much like the wolves I do wonder how they keep their suit pressurized with all that hair sticking out.

XD
    I always thought that the "hair" on these helmets was just decoration added to the helmet worn over a Space Marine's head which may or may not also have long hair. Otherwise, there's way too many potential issues (like what happens if the helmet gets knocked off during battle, or has to be quickly removed?).

First-Captain

yeah it never occured to me that would be their actual hair tbh... waaay too impractical, and at least in case of the Wolves I do believe there are several mentions of them kinda stuffing their hair inside the helmets in the novels... sounds kinda uncomfortable, which is probably why most Wolves don't bother with helmets in the first place (I know my Rune Priest in Deathwatch doesn't unless he has to... gotten several headshots for it so far, one from an angry Templar brother standing next to me on our very first mission )
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    I'm not familiar with Heresy-era White Scars, but why are their symbols different from the 40K ones?

I don't know why they are different, but it may be explained when they properly feature in a FW HH book in the future.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast