BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

that isn't true.

Lizardmen have been re-named and have totally new mechanics in being summonable, no reason to think they are going anywhere at all. could well see big changes, but they aren't going anywhere.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Looks like everything has carried over for the moment. We'll have to wait until they visit each race to see if they get an update to the existing range or a full redo a la Dark Eldar 2.0... The level of redo will probably be race specific.
    Last edited by 40kGamer; 07-07-2015 at 11:01 AM.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Brother-Captain

The Seraphon were mentioned as reptilian warriors who fight in the side of order in the white dwarf preview. So that'll be Lizardmen then. I would expect an aesthetic change but I'll wager most of the old models will counts as quite nicely with the new rules
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Quote Originally Posted by odinsgrandson View Post
    I am still very surprised to not see any of the current Warhammer Forge stuff getting 'scrolls.
    I think there was a mention somewhere that Forge World have said they're doing them, but it's just taking a little longer to release (probably because they're focusing on all the Horus Heresy stuff they're putting out).

"all reliable sources" can't read; the new Lizardmen faction is called the Seraphon. How much they'll be changed from the leezards we know and love remains to be seen.

Hell, the promo teaser for Age of Sigmar even said "the descendants of the Old Ones" survived by evacuating before Morrslieb destroyed Lustria. Reading comprehension, people.
    Last edited by Cap'nSmurfs; 07-07-2015 at 10:54 AM.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Maybe points were better in WFB. I haven't played it enough in the last 15 years to have a full opinion. But in 40k the points system has been horribly out of whack since the transition to 6th and now 7th. It's so bad and easy to exploit that I would prefer they just said , hey this formation is roughly equivalent to playing against this one and put it out of it's misery. Points could be great, and AoS has less variables which should make them more meaningful.

I would prefer a mathematically sound points system but if they're going to randomly assign them like it appears they do with 7th 40k I'd just as soon they tried something new.
    WFB was definitely better than 40K with points. Really, the place where WFB stumbled was having an item here or there that was way too good (i.e. Banner of the World Dragon), and some armies could be tweaked to be beatstick, but I think those were relatively easy to fix up. And just limit the Horde formation to being only for models below, say, 9 points, so you didn't have hordes of elite troops (which kind of defeated the point of that rule).

Points weren't as much of a problem in WFB as they are in 40K. And even though the balance could sometimes feel off, it was never at the levels 40K is at right now.

Chapter-Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	warhammer forge.jpg 
Views:	525 
Size:	202.4 KB 
ID:	14997
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

"No one I know ever purchased any of the idiotic plastic witch elves at $60 for 10 models."

Heh, I did, albeit from a discounted online retailer. I'm not that stupid!

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    "all reliable sources" can't read; the new Lizardmen faction is called the Seraphon. How much they'll be changed from the leezards we know and love remains to be seen.

Hell, the promo teaser for Age of Sigmar even said "the descendants of the Old Ones" survived by evacuating before Morrslieb destroyed Lustria. Reading comprehension, people.
    Feth, it's right there in their Warscroll Compendium.

The Seraphon are beings of order, creatures of the stars whose minds and bodies sing with Azyrite energy. They are the sworn enemies of Chaos, ever-opposed to the Dark Gods and the bedlam they bring.
    The cold-blooded savagery of the Seraphon is legendary. Directed by the inscrutable slann, their tightly disciplined cohorts and roaring saurian beasts tear through their enemies with the ferocity of true predators.
    Warseer refugee.

So it is! Actually those little capsules have a lot of nice snippets about how things are going to go. The Dark Elves one is especially interesting.

Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast