BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Something no one caught in SM codex

Maybe it's not a big thing, but Champlain Grimaldus' Cenobyte Servitors changed from giving +6 invul within 6" to giving Feel No Pain with 6"... game changer? Maybe not.

But instead of a single character that gives Feel No Pain, who is vulnerable to sniping, you can have five weaker dudes, spreading out a Feel No Pain bubble!
    "There's no use permitting some prophet of doom to wipe all your smiles away!"

Chapter-Master

Or you could take Severin Loth, one of the best psykers in the game, and get FNP on all your tactical squads for free.

The FNP isn't terrible, but it's not that great for the points. It's easy to kill that unit, unless you invest a ton of points into sticking, say, a Shield Eternal Chapter Master with them to tank wounds, and you have to cluster your army a bit to benefit. It's not terrible, but it's not likely to win any tournaments.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Captain

Yeah, that's my problem with the cenobytes, they're just too squishy as a retinue. If they could be with Grimaldus but still join other units, that would be good. That way you could have the cenobytes but also a wall of templars and they would always benefit from the cenobytes.

Any Iron Hand can tell you that FNP 6+ isn't going to win you any battles on its own.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Brother-Captain

This has been covered in several video reviews of the SM codex...but it's nice to spread the word a bit further.

Besides, GW had to find some way to try and sell all those only cenobyte models.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Marneus Calgar strikes at Initiative with his big fists now.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    Marneus Calgar strikes at Initiative with his big fists now.
    But they made him a Lord of War. I'm still angry that they decided to start making infantry models LoWs. It's stupid. The only reason why they did it was so that they could justify the system change and force more people to actively support the new FoC.

Even funnier though, is that you can now take nearly all of the Ultramarine characters in a battleforged list. Marneus Calgar is a LoW, and thus does not count towards your HQ slots, letting you take Tigurius and Sicarius. Or even better, take the new librarian formation along with the battleforged list and replace Tigurius with Cassius.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    But they made him a Lord of War. I'm still angry that they decided to start making infantry models LoWs. It's stupid. The only reason why they did it was so that they could justify the system change and force more people to actively support the new FoC.

Even funnier though, is that you can now take nearly all of the Ultramarine characters in a battleforged list. Marneus Calgar is a LoW, and thus does not count towards your HQ slots, letting you take Tigurius and Sicarius. Or even better, take the new librarian formation along with the battleforged list and replace Tigurius with Cassius.
    That's the game, mate. You can still say, "no Superheavies."

They're probably drawing from the Horus Heresy style where the Primarchs are Lords of War. Characters like Marneus are the nearest the Imperium has these days.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Veteran-Sergeant

*Dark Eldar player*

What is this "Lords of War" of which you speak?

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Fueldrop View Post
    *Dark Eldar player*

What is this "Lords of War" of which you speak?
    This is where we'd keep our Asdrubael Vect... if we had one!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast