BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Crusader v. Redeemer.

I just ordered a crusader redeemer kit for cheap on Wayland, seems the pound is down on the dollar.
    So, besides needing to magnetize which should I build? I play space wolves so I can take advantage of the large capacity.

I have come up with two possibilities, both include filling them with troops and characters, each has a multi melta and extra armor:

1) Crusader 14 blood claws, wolf guard with powerfist and wolf priest with talisman. 628 points.
    -This one gives tons of attacks, and re-rolls misses, not that blood claws don't hit as well as normal marines(4+ v. WS 3 and 4), but with 4 attacks on the charge the re-roll is more bang for the buck.

2) Redeemer 10 grey hunters, flamer, melta(both free), wolf guard with powerfist, and wolf guard battle leader with storm shield, powerfist and talisman. 598 points.
    -This one is all about hunting big bad things, and being able to take down almost anything it can charge, 7 powerfist attacks on the charge, a flamer to throw in and melta if need be, plus the potential death that is mark of the wolfen, back up by a full squad of grey hunters.

So thoughts on which to build, and on these ideas of how to use them?
    They are both such huge investments, especially because they only play 1850 where I am now instead of the 2000 I am used to.

Thanks in advance, and check out Wayland, the prices are amazing right now.
    dissentingdice.blogspot.com
    Law Students Playing 40k in Middle of Nowhere Texas.

Brother-Captain

Crusader carries more dudes and has range (flexbility), Redeemer is not so flexible but extra killy up close (good luck getting both templates to hit of course).

Wolf Guard work best inside Land Raiders, you'll get the most bang for your buck. Blood Claws are hampered by WS3 and lack of punch (1 PF is lame) and GH are more suited to support.

Battle-Brother

Chumbalaya is pretty right, although I use Raiders for Terminators most of the time. It's kind of fetishism. With the Machine-Spirit you can aim the 2nd template of the redeemer at a different target.

Veteran-Sergeant

I prefer the Crusader for shear versatility. In fact, the only time I ever bust out the Redeemer is for 2000 point games when I am running 3 Land Raiders. At this point I have 2 Crusaders filled with Blood Claws, Wolf Guard pack leader while in the middle there is a Grey Hunter Squad with another Wolf Priest and Grey Hunter squad. Tank shock your enemies into a nice little box, drive up, and unload with the Flame Storms, Hurricane Bolters, Assault Cannons and everything else and watch as anything on foot cries.

The Redeemer only truly shines as a support tank more than anything else. The Crusdaer can just keep rolling while providing close in fire support.

Chaplain

If you face a lot of power armour or need to take down more high-toughness targets, go for the Redeemer. If you simply need the torrent of fire and a battlefield taxi (the Crusader can fire its Hurricane Bolters on the move), go for the Crusader.
    We Will Strike With The Arms Of Gods
    And Leave Nothing In Our Wake

I think I will go with the crusader, it's more the assault tank that I'm looking for, but the way I can fully utlize the redeemer with a harder assault unit and a little less cost. Though any usage of a land raider is a very big investment.

Keep in mind though, that you can only fire ALL of the land raider crusader's weapons if you move 6". Most people choose it because they think they can charge straight across the battlefield shooting everything.... that's not the case.
    http://warhammermusings.blogspot.com/

i run a redeemer in every SM list i build, and i am never sorry for taking it. the ability to truck up 12" and POTMS with a flamer and wipe out an entire squad of MEQ's in cover/on an objective is just too much to pass up. I like the Crusader, it has its high points, but if i am only hittin the table with one LR, i never leave home without my redeemer!

Hmm I think I may invest in some more terminators. It would also be a good excuse to get Njal, as I love the model and a runepriest in terminator armor is good stuff.
    At 33 normal terminators without anything are a good thing to balance out the more expensive upgrades... But it is hard to resist making a unit of unique uber badasses.
    With 5 to go with the priest in a redeemer, 1 chainfist, 1 wolf claw and 1 power fist?
    then to bump up to 8 if in a crusader add in one more powerfist.

yeah i would definitely playtest them both a few times and see which one you prefer. To me, its all about which one works with the rest of your army the best, and with mine, its a redeemer, but for you it may be somethin else.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast