BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chaplain

Default Obsolete books - What to do with them?

I have so many old editions of 40K, codexes, expansions, etc., that I need to figure out what to do with them. I don't want to throw them away, but nobody wants them and secondhand stores won't even buy them. Is donating the only viable option?
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Mike X View Post
    I have so many old editions of 40K, codexes, expansions, etc., that I need to figure out what to do with them. I don't want to throw them away, but nobody wants them and secondhand stores won't even buy them. Is donating the only viable option?
    How far back do they go?
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Chaplain

Mine are exiled to the shed of shame.
    I give stuff away occasionally - I've got no 2nd ed stuff left anymore.

The rest gets recycled when I need the room in the shed more. It had its day, it gave me enjoyment, so the value is now gone for me.

Metal models, on the other hand, if I can't even give them away, get melted down into ingots for reuse in other projects.
    Excuse the frequent sarcasm. I'm an Aussie. It's part and parcel of whom we are.
    "You can take my sarcasm when you can pry it from my cold, dry wit!"

Chapter-Master

They sit on a pile of stuff I may want to look at again at some point in the future.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

I have most every book from RT forward. I treat them the same way I do the 400 or so military history and uniformology tomes I've accumulated. Basically they have a special "reference" bookcase that I use for research when I start working on a new army. There are things that drop in and out of the fluff that can provide a little secret sauce for a characterful army.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Mike X View Post
    I don't understand, don't they just live on the bookshelf with the piles of old WDs for reference?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni