BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Warzone resurrection or Infinity.

HI guys. It's my first post here. Nice to meet you.
    I'm was playing long time ago Warhammer fantasy Battle, and all of kind of fantasy wargames. I would like to change to Sci-fi games . I was reading about Warzone and Infinity a lot off but I can't decide which one choose.
    Thanks guys!
    https://www.artstation.com/artist/davidpereira

Chaplain

Infinity has free rules, templates and army lists to start with.
    It's d20 based (I think wz is still d10 based?) but at most all you will need is 5d20 (the biggest gun in the game fires 5 shots).

If you just want to try out the rules you can proxy with whatever models you have though (I recommend flak armour (5+) for LI, carapace (4+) for MI and powered armour (3+) for HI as a guide. ).
    Excuse the frequent sarcasm. I'm an Aussie. It's part and parcel of whom we are.
    "You can take my sarcasm when you can pry it from my cold, dry wit!"

Quote Originally Posted by chromedog View Post
    Infinity has free rules, templates and army lists to start with.
    It's d20 based (I think wz is still d10 based?) but at most all you will need is 5d20 (the biggest gun in the game fires 5 shots).

If you just want to try out the rules you can proxy with whatever models you have though (I recommend flak armour (5+) for LI, carapace (4+) for MI and powered armour (3+) for HI as a guide. ).
    Thanks you!
    https://www.artstation.com/artist/davidpereira

The price of the miniatures is similar. Warzone minis are plastic, Infinity minis are metal. Warzone is more 40K-like, Infinity is more generic sci-fi.
    If you just want some sci-fi, I'd recommend Infinity. If you'd like to get into Warzone, you'll be able to use those Infinity minis in your games too, maybe as Cybertronic soldiers.

Warzone rules are free to download from the Prodos site.

I'd disagree that it's similar to 40K... it's a skirmish game with D20s, alternating activations, action points, etc. There are also great card mechanics that go along with it- a resource pool and tactical options cards.