BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Chaos knight is ok, but unusually the conversersions I've seen around the internet have been better. It's a bit bland imo.

First-Captain

A lot of what will make it impressive is in the painting really, blurry shots of a grey model are never going to show it in the best light

I honestly don't know what I would be doing with my Saturday if my better half wasn't away.
    Thanks to all those who are posting for those of us who couldn't make it!

Battle Bunnies has been posting continuously since this morning and this has got to be the best post (so far) today:
    [URL="http://battlebunnies.blogspot.fr/2015/05/exhibition-pics.html"]http://battlebunnies.blogspot.fr/2015/05/exhibition-pics.html[/URL]

If you look above the AM/IG hangar there are what look like Land Speeder exhaust fan-thingys but x100 in size!

Visually at least, the Calth stuff is really turning into the closest thing to 'Good vs. Evil' I've ever seen in 40K. The Ultramarines stuff is absolutely stunning, and I say that as someone who has never once had the slightest interest in that chapter.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    If it's legit models, sure. If it's the Chinese copies, I don't trust the quality, even at the price. Wrong piece(s) gets malformed, and you've wasted all that money.
    Well the funny thing about these chinese recasts is that they're of much higher quality casts than the originals. In fact, in several GT's for the past two years people are showing up with 100% recasted armies (they know who they are) and nobody has ever noticed.

The warlord is sadly underwhelming in both model and rules. 30HP is ridiculously easy to annihilate.
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 05-16-2015 at 08:28 AM.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Well the funny thing about these chinese recasts is that they're of much higher quality casts than the originals. In fact, in several GT's for the past two years people are showing up with 100% recasted armies (they know who they are) and nobody has ever noticed.
    I've seen a lot of recasts and they're really not of higher quality at all, similar if not worse. The resin is also much more brittle generally, easily snapping and try getting a replacement from China and see how that goes for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post

The warlord is sadly underwhelming in both model and rules. 30HP is ridiculously easy to annihilate.
    Don't forget its AV 15 and has a 5+ Inv save and 8 Void shields. Thats not easy to get rid of. Oh and Super Heavies and Gargantuan Monstrous Creatures can only hit it in melee on a 5+, everything else needs 6+, but yeah, easy to annihilate.
    Last edited by Path Walker; 05-16-2015 at 08:36 AM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    I've seen a lot of recasts and they're really not of higher quality at all, similar if not worse. The resin is also much more brittle generally, easily snapping and try getting a replacement from China and see how that goes for you.
    Its really easy. In fact, to fix FW's miscasts, it was easier going to the chinese to get them done. You just email them "Hey, I need XYZ part, can I order 10 of them?" and he sends a paypal invoice. Two weeks later -- 10 perfectly casted UNWARPED parts. Don't know what kind of experience you had with them but its clearly not what the their customers I know of have experienced.

Don't forget its AV 15 and has a 5+ Inv save and 8 Void shields. Thats not easy to get rid of. Oh and Super Heavies and Gargantuan Monstrous Creatures can only hit it in melee on a 5+, everything else needs 6+, but yeah, easy to annihilate.
    You have to realize that I played apoc at a different scale as most people. My regular opponent was two warlords and an imperator in addition to all of the FW greater daemons. Its not difficult to kill massive amounts of HP when you have the tools at my disposal.

I have 32 str D shots per turn just from my super heavies alone. Thats not counting the new toys the Eldar codex gave me. With those counted I have well over 100 per turn so yeah, if we're playing a game, best bring three of these because I'll kill probably two a turn.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Yup. One of the reasons I'm so thrilled about FW finally doing a Warlord titan is that more people are going to be fielding them and that means more tears from players when my eldar obliterfry them.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    I hope they remember to specify it can be taken in a Khorne Daemonkin list.
    You realize the imperial knight can only be taken in it's own formations, right? I'd expect the chaos one to work the same. GW expects people to combine formations from different books these days.

FW walk a different path.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast