BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by madlib View Post
    Meh. The Forgeworld Prometheus and Command Rhino look better imo.
    I like the Excelsior better, but I agree about the command Rhino (Deimos?). This one reminds me of an Exorcist - way too much unnecessary crap piled on the very rear of the tank.

Librarian

Am i the only one more excited at plastic commander parts, than more crap to glue on a tank?

Probably, yeah. We did already have those two Web Exclusive Captains recently...

Chapter-Master

I'm going to the re-opening this weekend. I suspect my wallet will take a hit on tat I really don't need.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    Probably, yeah. We did already have those two Web Exclusive Captains recently...

Yeah i have those captains (and the terminator one too), but the land raider dude looks like a plastic version of one of the old metal masters and the finecast one with the rod and ghetto blaster released last year (was it last year or year before....), its all good converting material.
    Command tanks don't offer that great a bonus (is it a reserves modifier and no DS enemies within x"? ), so they are bling kits..... And people will go nuts for those bits especially with FW doing the new consul with the silly samurai head.... People will love those bits for heresy stuff as long as its easy to hide the mk VII wrists as he looks to be in mk V or IV chest

Quote Originally Posted by Garradh View Post
    I like the Excelsior better, but I agree about the command Rhino (Deimos?). This one reminds me of an Exorcist - way too much unnecessary crap piled on the very rear of the tank.
    Yeah, definitely agree. It's just too much.

Quote Originally Posted by madlib View Post
    Yeah, definitely agree. It's just too much.
    Leave the little radar dish off the two tanks and they are fine.
    I'd love to have both kits, but I'm not travelling trans-atlantic or paying insane markups on E-Bay for them.

Do we know the prices on these kits?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    Leave the little radar dish off the two tanks and they are fine.
    I'd love to have both kits, but I'm not travelling trans-atlantic or paying insane markups on E-Bay for them.
    Don't worry. Where GW chooses not to support demand, the black market will fill it in soon enough. I just got an email this morning for Plasma Obliterators for about 60% of what GW was charging for them.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Don't worry. Where GW chooses not to support demand, the black market will fill it in soon enough. I just got an email this morning for Plasma Obliterators for about 60% of what GW was charging for them.
    If it's legit models, sure. If it's the Chinese copies, I don't trust the quality, even at the price. Wrong piece(s) gets malformed, and you've wasted all that money.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast