BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Question Who makes the best allies for Knights?

Assuming a primary knight detachment; 3 knights.

Ok, so I initially was thinking space marines of some kind, but I am no longer convinced that they are the best choice. AM (IG) might do a better job; more bodies on the ground, armor options, fliers, cheap techpriests? Also considering AS (sisters) just because they are so very cool. I do not want to step outside of the Imperium for fluff reasons, but I would really just like every ones input.
    Last edited by Ivarr; 05-06-2015 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Brother-Sergeant

Mechanicus. For fluff as well as game play reasons.
    Current armys: World Eaters, Dark Eldar, Grey Knights, Blood Angels, Orks, Crons, White Scars, Tau, 30k Death Guard, Iyandan, Deathwing

Chapter-Master

The mechanicus codex isn't even out yet, and skitarii are too new to say their game play function is "the best". They don't actually mesh that well as far as I can tell.

Drop pod Marines are probably more effective. You can surgically strike things that hurt knights, drop onto objectives, and bring a flyer for anti air. That covers the weaknesses knights have very well. Haven't thought about it enought to decide if there are better pairings, though. Probably Eldar, but why would you ever take an Imperial Knight over a Wraithknight?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

why would you ever take an Imperial Knight over a Wraithknight?
    Because I think the Imperial Knight kit is prettier?
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

More flexible dakka? No need to sacrifice high end firepower for an Invulnerable save?

But yeah. Skitarii. They deal with infantry very well, and the Knights bring serious muscles and fire magnet.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

Knights with Black Templars would be cool to see together. Space Marines would offer some of the best units to deal with specific threats to the Knights. Or IG, you could bubble-wrap easily with Platoons of Infantry, this would be costly in real currency however.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pickelz View Post
    Knights with Black Templars would be cool to see together. Space Marines would offer some of the best units to deal with specific threats to the Knights. Or IG, you could bubble-wrap easily with Platoons of Infantry, this would be costly in real currency however.
    Oh knights with knights templar spacey marines, nice
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chaplain

I've had great success with inquisition; they are cheap and versatile.
    Last edited by Wolfshade; 05-09-2015 at 01:34 AM.

Im a fan of Inquisition as well, mainly because the Inquisitorial allies are going to be the better units of the army you bring them in from (i.e. HQ/Elite/Fast...no troop requirement, cant bring heavy though). On the opposite side of that, you will end up with a very low model count army, BUT; you should be able to put together a very effective all comers list. Another good option, bring all 4 assassins. Individually they will cause enough headache that your opponent will be forced to deal with them. You cant ignore them. And they are pretty survivable as well.

Sweet another Knight player

Witch one of the new detachments are you using? If you use anything else than the House Hold detachment your gonna need troops that can hold objectives while the Knights are off stomping on peoples faces. I have a detachment of Storm Troopers I use their cheap but with enough Meltas to make the other guy take pause long enough for a Knight to come to the rescue. I've been looking at the Skitarii as well simple because they have a Arc weapons with Haywire and I can use a Onager with the Icarus Array to keep pesky flying things from tearing up my Knights.

It really comes down to what do I need to cover down for that the Knights can't do for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast