BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Oldhammer - Bugman's Beer Cart & Prince Ulther's Dwarfs

Hello forum,

Thought I would maintain a small presence here. My blog is about my own Imagi-Nations version of the re-taking of Moria. Dwarf clans of many worlds and fictions come together to re-colonize the lost kingdoms of their ancestors. Yes, I am mixing fluff, just like I am mixing miniatures companies. But I always do so with a general Oldhammer direction in mind, I will be using a housebrew mix of rules based on Warhammer 1st edition with elements of LOTR SBG, Song of Blades, and even Lion Rampant. See my blog for more details of this project. On to highlights of the post...

Full post from here:
    [url]http://mars-miniatures.blogspot.com/2015/05/bugmans-beer-cart-and-prince-ulthers.html[/url]

Morale is about to be boosted in Moria... the beer cart has arrived! Dwarves take their beer seriously and this shipment is guarded by none other than Prince Ulther's Imperial Dwarfs. Hmm... maybe I should have read the fluff before assembling them. Apparently, they are also known as the Dragon Company, but I didnt get any shields with these guys in a trade. So, I scoured my bits box and found these lion shields that are for older Empire spearmen (5th edition box set, maybe?) I like them, so now they are called Prince Ulther's Lion Company. Im still missing the banner bearer, musician, and the 2nd in command figure. Im waiting for a reasonable price on ebay for those.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0867.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	325.0 KB 
ID:	13950
    Here they are on the road to Moria

Name:	IMG_0868.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	268.9 KB 
ID:	13951
    Bugman's Beer Cart in all its hop-tastic glory

Name:	IMG_0870.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	289.5 KB 
ID:	13952
    I think the lion shields look great on these lil fellas

Name:	IMG_0873.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	182.2 KB 
ID:	13953
    Prince Ulther himself, not a dwarf who should be trifled with.

Name:	IMG_0876.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	231.1 KB 
ID:	13954
    So off they go on the road to Moria... will they make it without mishap? Tune in next post!

- - - Updated - - -

Just realized its Cinco de Mayo! How appropriate that my post has a beer cart. Happy Cinco De Mayo everyone!
    http://mars-miniatures.blogspot.com/

First-Captain

Lovely work on this small company, I like it when people use many sources of miniatures if an overall look is maintained, which it looks like your are doing.

You were one edition out on those shields BTW, they were from Empire Spearmen from the 6th Edition starter set, I should know, I've got around 50 of the blighters in various states of preparedness.....
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/