Fly Lord

via Steve the Warboss 5-5-2015

Rules
    -Chapter Tactics remains
    -Chapter Tactics unlock Characters and exclusive Relics
    -Legion of the Damned are gone
    -The Vanguard will be Fast Attack
    -Black Templar are gone
    (Black Templars are not "gone" in the Fluff and from the Universe, they will be only removed from the Codex Space Marines. Templars will become soon or later a own Codex again. For this Time you can use the current codex.)

Space Marine Captain
    -5 points cheaper
    -Chapter Master is now a upgrade for the captain

Maneus Calgar
    -Is now a Lord of War

Iron Hands Character
    -New Character
    -Special Thunder Hammer with Area Damage
    -Melta and Flamer combined Weapon

Space Marine Librarian
    -Lexicanium is the base profile
    -5 points cheaper
    -Can be upgraded to a Codicier or a Episolary

Space Marine Command Squad
    -Bike or Jump Pack option remains
    -Honour Guard is gone
    -Command Squads in Power Armour can be 5-9 Models large, not only 5

Terminator Command Squad
    -Only when a Terminator Captain is in the Dettachment
    -3 to 9 Terminators

Tactical Squad
    -1 point cheaper per Marine

Land Speeder
    -Can join Units with Bikes when the LS Squadron includes only one Model

Tanks
    -Predators, Vindicators and Whirlwinds can form Squadrons of 1-3 Tanks
    -No Land Raider Squadrons in the Codex
    -Land Raider Redeemer and Crusade are Fast Attack

Dettachments
    -Three in one Codex
    -Codex Astartes Battle Company
    -Raven Guard Strike Squadron (can only chosen by armies with the Raven Guard Chapter Tactics)
    -White Scars Hunting Party (can only chosen by armies with the White Scars Chapter Tactics)
    Last edited by Bigred; 05-05-2015 at 11:31 AM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

all possible
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Losing one of our 2 good assault units? Sad. Everything else seems pretty neat though.

Cheaper Marines? Land Raiders in Fast Attack, which makes no sense except to let people run even more tanks (than they already would with squadrons) in a CAD? Land Speeders being able to attach to Bike Squadrons?

So, basically, more moves toward Epic 28mm. Larger armies, lots more tanks and super-heavies.

Hoping these aren't true. Otherwise it continues a meh shift in the game's playstyle, and also means other books need updating ASAP or or are behind yet another book.

Damn those additional options!

But seriously dude, rumour source isn't at all reliable if memory serves.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Damn those additional options!

But seriously dude, rumour source isn't at all reliable if memory serves.
    Yeah, I'm not going to kick things and yell and bawl until I see it in print (or scans of such). The Land Speeders attached to bike squadrons just seems so wrong. Ditto reducing Marines *again* to just 13 points each, which is what Chaos Marines are, who don't have ATSKNF.

I don't mind more options, but I feel like my Marine force will have to drop a lot of cash to work if this kind of shift happens. Well, they already kind of do, but this is just pushing it further. Basic Marine infantry should be fine, but the game has so many death star units, big monstrous models, tank squadrons, and gobs of AP3 (unless you're the Orks, in which case you get a Stompa that people will whine if you take, but not really the rest of those), so the Marines just die way too easily while feeling like they aren't doing much. Seems that's how a lot of infantry are starting to feel. I don't mind that in true Epic, but when 40K gets to where basic infantry are getting turned into a "tax" fee and just scooped off the table in buckets, it feels like I'm not even playing 40K any more.

Make infantry better, don't keep pushing people to buy more and more vehicles and super-heavies. But eh... guess the profit margins aren't good enough.

(Come to think of it, that might be what's hurting Orks getting love, Ork players just get around the prices by making our own stuff. :-P)

Is it pushing, or merely enabling?

GW have said on several occasions they don't want to restrict players.

Why shouldn't a Space Marine player field a Spearhead force, with lots of armour?

Remember. GW know that precious few hobbyists ever just buy and stick religiously to a single, set list. We add to our collections - especially when it's our 'army of fixation' such as my Necrons and Ogres. I'll keep buying those because I really like the armies. They chime with me.

Open up the options to me, and the impetus to collect gathers pace, because I can field more of my collection in different combinations.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Banned

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that the Predator Squadron is a Formation that forces them in to it like the Seer Council or Conclave of the Burning One.

It also wouldn't surprise me to see some of the current dataslate Formations folded in. Maybe not Strike Force Ultra, but Stormwing and the Reclusiarch Command Squad are strong possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me to find out that the Predator Squadron is a Formation that forces them in to it like the Seer Council or Conclave of the Burning One.

It also wouldn't surprise me to see some of the current dataslate Formations folded in. Maybe not Strike Force Ultra, but Stormwing and the Reclusiarch Command Squad are strong possible.
    They stopped selling the ghost warriors Dataslate, so signs point to this.

Brother-Captain

i know I'll be well narked off if Honour Guard squads are gone, I'm halfway through making the one I'm making for my Chapter Master, what they need is better equipment selection (they are the chapters uber elite for pete's sake, they should be first in the queue at the arsenal when its time to go to war) and a plastic set a la Sanguinary Guard.

They along with a plastic Techmarine (with options for servo arm, harness and conversion beamer) are what Space Marines need as that's what's missing. New Assault Squad would be nice, more stuff in the Dev Squad would be nice, but neither is actually needed.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast