BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I bet they not only get ranged Str D, but its a blast marker.
    And a 60" range.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Traditionally, the Castellan and Crusader are armed with a Quake Cannon, which (assuming it shares its stats with the gun of the same name mounted on the Banesword) is not Strength D.

Chapter-Master

From the frontpage

•Crusader is armed with: Quake Cannon, TL Las-cannons
    •Warden is armed with: Volcano Cannon, Multi-barreled Autocannon
    •Both models have an optional top carapace missile launcher weapon mount, with multishot S8, AP3 anti-flyer capability
    •Both models are protected by a single energy field based heavily on the rules for the Stronghold Assault book’s Void Shield Generator.
    •Armor Values: Front:14 Side:13 Rear:13
    •Hull Points: 8
    •Both models clock in well above the cost of the Knight Paladin/Errant

If the Volcano cannon pans out we may see a very long range blast D weapon after all! Maybe the Eldar drama will die a quick death.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

there goes the arms race

though if they are more expensive than teh current knights they are going to be facing off against a pair or more of Wraiths, meaning that money is still probably on the wraiths (who dont care about AV14)
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Librarian

Well, Knight armies are certainly going to be more varied at least. I can definitely see these ranged knights being a better compliment to some Imperium armies, like Space Marines, whereas the close combat variants are a little better for Skitarii and Guard that get chewed up by melee.

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    From the frontpage

•Crusader is armed with: Quake Cannon, TL Las-cannons
    •Warden is armed with: Volcano Cannon, Multi-barreled Autocannon
    •Both models have an optional top carapace missile launcher weapon mount, with multishot S8, AP3 anti-flyer capability
    •Both models are protected by a single energy field based heavily on the rules for the Stronghold Assault book’s Void Shield Generator.
    •Armor Values: Front:14 Side:13 Rear:13
    •Hull Points: 8
    •Both models clock in well above the cost of the Knight Paladin/Errant

If the Volcano cannon pans out we may see a very long range blast D weapon after all! Maybe the Eldar drama will die a quick death.
    You know if the Imperium get ranged S: D, they'll still hate on ours.

If it's for 400 or so points I don't think they'll care much. If it comes in at 550 or 600, yeah there will be hate

I kind of hope Knights dont get ranged Strength D.

I don't say that because I don't think it has a place in 40k, but I would like to see it kept as something uniquely Eldar. To me Distortion Weapons, which open a sodding warp portal in or around you should be Strength D.

Long ranged, high strength, AP1 or 2? Yes. Very cool. But no need for it to have Strength D if I need to neuter your big stuff, that's what my Knights Errant and Paladin are for, up close and personal.

Currently, Knights are the terror of most infantry and light vehicles, but without a Knight Errant, don't pose a 'one turn' threat to heavy tanks at range. Let that be the Castellan's niche - long ranged support, but not a replacement for the Paladin and Errant, who lack the sheer firepower shown in the rumours.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I kind of hope Knights dont get ranged Strength D.

I don't say that because I don't think it has a place in 40k, but I would like to see it kept as something uniquely Eldar. To me Distortion Weapons, which open a sodding warp portal in or around you should be Strength D.

Long ranged, high strength, AP1 or 2? Yes. Very cool. But no need for it to have Strength D if I need to neuter your big stuff, that's what my Knights Errant and Paladin are for, up close and personal.

Currently, Knights are the terror of most infantry and light vehicles, but without a Knight Errant, don't pose a 'one turn' threat to heavy tanks at range. Let that be the Castellan's niche - long ranged support, but not a replacement for the Paladin and Errant, who lack the sheer firepower shown in the rumours.
    It would be massively unfair to have only 1 unit in the game with Strength D at range, ever, though. On the other hand, it would be ok if the knights had something that was similar (does destroyer level damage), but called something else. The mechanics could even be different -- as long as it had the same chance to kill an 8+ wound model and had a 1/6 chance of ignoring invulnerable saves, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Edwards View Post
    Just do what I did with my Eldar codex: sell it on eBay as soon as the rumor of the new codex is verified. Remember those of us that are crazy with following rumors are just a small niche of the wargaming community
    I bought the interactive iBooks version. :P

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast