BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Grey Knights and Imperial Armor tanks

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the Grey Knights are allowed to use the Sicaran Battle Tank out of the Imperial Armor books from Forge World without taking an allied detachment?

Imperial Armour Volume Two – Second Edition on the Forgeworld site says it has Adeptus Astartes tanks - and a Grey Knight Landraider was pictured - but I wanted to check before I dropped the coin on $200 in books and models and not be able to field it. My Google-fu hasn't turned up a definitive result.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

No, Grey Knihts miss out on most of the Heresy vehicles. They will be getting that Xiphon flyer, though. Most Forgeworld books have a scan of their contents page in the products' image gallery - here's IA2:2nd's:

Cool, thanks for the scoop!
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

First-Captain

not to say you're wrong on the matter Tiberius, but the contents page doesn't in and of itself help answer Cactus's question. What's relevant for that is the actual entry of the Sicaran - there it will say what armies are able to use one. Sadly my copy of the book has been perma-borrowed by a friend (he just can't seem to remember to give the darn thing back ), so I can't check myself.
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

I can.

A Relic Sicaran Battle Tank is a Heavy Support choice for a Codex: Space Marines, Codex: Blood Angels, Codex: Dark Angels or Codex: Space Wolves army.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrendian View Post
    not to say you're wrong on the matter Tiberius, but the contents page doesn't in and of itself help answer Cactus's question. What's relevant for that is the actual entry of the Sicaran - there it will say what armies are able to use one.
    Half-and-half - the table of contents doesn't specify which 'normal' Space Marine variants can use a unit, but Grey Knights units are always listed separately - such as how their Razorback, Redeemer and Thunderhawk options are listed as separate units instead of Chapter-specific upgrades in the Adeptus Astartes section.