BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Astra Militarum Bullgryns

Shieldwall!

I love me some Ogryns. I've had these boys knocking around for a while; finally got them all painted up and ready for the tabletop. Their bodies are WHFB Ogres, with Bullgryn parts from the new kit. It's not a difficult conversion, but it did require a Dremel. Those plastic Ogryns are considerably more svelte than their WHFB contemporaries...
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chapter-Master

pow, pow
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Really nice! Well done!

Chapter-Master

yeah, wouldn't have noticed that they weren't ogryn bodies if you hadn't of mentioned it. I do like their huge shields, shame they can't have those shields and the mauls.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I wish they'd made that an option, I'd take it every time, (even though it makes them 60pts a pop!)

These guys look great, I've had a bit of a renaissance lately for Bullgryns. Pick your targets right and they can stomp through it or hold it up for a good while.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Totally agree that Mauls should be an option for slab shield wielders... Mostly because the power bucklers and grenade gauntlets both look like poo.

Slab Shields are boss as well. I personally give the Bone'ead a Power Maul, as he's the Challenge monkey to save the Psyker and Priest I run in the squad. He once beat Deathleaper down without taking a Wound, which amused me to no end.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

I think the best-looking combo would be slabshield + ripper gun, but that's because I've always loved the idea of the ripper gun.

Wow, great conversion - can't tell at all that they've got Fantasy Ogres in 'em. Could use a little bit more gap-filling (not great advice for fully-painted models, I know).

Can't unsee the gaps in the cannons

The bodies are flawless though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast