BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Surprised nobody has put this up yet. From FW latest bulletin...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LAS50DFG41_SEG57E.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	13857
    I : IX, I : XIV, II : DCLXVI

Yup, surprised me too!

It looks like they are going for a new way to mount the pistons and also the ball joints in comparision to the Reaver and the Warhound, this time with cog-like structures that fit into each other. If they glued with for example two-component resin, this should add tremendous stability to the kit. Good thinking of FW, and should make the whole matter (especially the setting time of the glue) much easier, as the pieces are already "joined" to one another through this cog-like structure.

Then again I am currently trying to extrapolate the size from that pic. I am unsure how long the middle leg segment will be (hard to make out from the pics), but it seems it won't be that much larger than a Reaver, but much more bulky.

Chapter-Master

It'll be cool to see something that big, especially in the hands of really good painters that can do it justice. It'll make good eyecandy at the least.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by tuo View Post
    Yup, surprised me too!

It looks like they are going for a new way to mount the pistons and also the ball joints in comparision to the Reaver and the Warhound, this time with cog-like structures that fit into each other. If they glued with for example two-component resin, this should add tremendous stability to the kit. Good thinking of FW, and should make the whole matter (especially the setting time of the glue) much easier, as the pieces are already "joined" to one another through this cog-like structure.

Then again I am currently trying to extrapolate the size from that pic. I am unsure how long the middle leg segment will be (hard to make out from the pics), but it seems it won't be that much larger than a Reaver, but much more bulky.
    The Reaver foot is basically 40mm square bases stuck to a 60mm round as far as area covered goes. The Warlord seems to be 50mm bases attached to a 90 or 100mm circle. Hips are a bit wider as well.

Just rough guess, the legs will be about 3-4 inches wider than the reavers, and the waist will be about 4 inches higher as well. Torso is taller and wider, so the Warlord chin is about level with the top of the reaver carapace. Then 3-4 inch shoulders, plus another 3-4 inch of topside ridges (looks like a pair of gererator blocks on top similar to the layout of the Mk III epic warlord, but on top of a mars carapace instead of a blocky one)

My gut feeling is about 21"-22" tall to the top of the carapace blocks, maybe a bit higher depending on the carapace weapons mounted and angled. Then about 4" wider and longer than the Reaver, with a much bulkier appearance due to the mono-piece carapace instead of the separate shoulder pads of the Reaver.

Veteran-Sergeant

Name:	NIM3DFG4D8_1EF58B.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	150.8 KB 
ID:	13931

From the Forgeworld bulletin. -

Unfortunately I won't be buying one of these. Just not in my budget. I'm not sure how many games people will actually get to use such a huge model, but as a collectors centre piece it's going to be very impressive for those fortunate enough to get one. I look forward to seeing these being painted up around the internet. I hope we see some that are really done justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintingplasticcrack View Post
    Unfortunately I won't be buying one of these. Just not in my budget. I'm not sure how many games people will actually get to use such a huge model, but as a collectors centre piece it's going to be very impressive for those fortunate enough to get one. I look forward to seeing these being painted up around the internet. I hope we see some that are really done justice.
    There was once a time when models like the Stompa, Baneblade, etc. were reserved for large Apocalypse games, rare games that represented massive battles.

So, basically, if the Titan is 2500 points or less, I wouldn't be surprised to see it in a standard 40K game.

Maybe your right Eric, I can't see them becoming the new meta though. I can certainly see TO saying no way to it being allowed.
    I would love to see one in action though.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Paintingplasticcrack View Post
    I think if 40k keeps moving up in size youll see more Titan/Armour only games. essentially bringing 40k back to its skirmish roots...

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by completeHook View Post

Name:	NIM3DFG4D8_1EF58B.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	150.8 KB 
ID:	13931

From the Forgeworld bulletin. -
    That is huge
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast