BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

At the most recent GT I played in my Screaming Skull Catapult scored a direct hit every time I targeted whatever big scary monster, war machine, other large model that caused me concern over the course of five games. The only time it scattered was when targeting units of infantry. Of all the direct hits I scored that weekend, five or six at least, I rolled a 1 to wound on all but one of them.

I play Space Orks a lot. I cannot emphasis how frequently a Shokk Attack Gun makes an appearance in my lists. My personal favorite was a few weeks ago I played an Eldar Wave Serpent spammer. It was going poorly for my Speed Skullz tribe, due to invisibility preventing me from targeting his Serpents. As I had no other targets, I had aimed at the one thing I could target (a 5 man squad of Guardians in cover,) but they were 8 inches away from a grouping of three serpents, angling to wipe out a nob squad with a warboss in it. Lo, and behold, from 50" away my Mek scattered a full 12" (-2 for bs,) and onto the wave serpent group. It turned into a vortex grenade, and ruined half his army in one go. Amazing change of fortune for me :-)

Final round of a tournament. Playing for first place. Mech guard vs mech guard. Literally comes down to who wins first turn. I get first turn.

Manticore goes first. Opponent has all his vehicles lined up next to eachother. Manticores fires, gets 3 rockets. All rockets are a hit. So I place all templates off the first.

Total casualties:

2 chimeras explode, killing 6/10 and 7/10 veterans in each.
    2 leman Russ explode, their blast radius take out the remaining veterans that didn't die.
    His manticore and gryphon explode as well.

50% of the army dead in one salvo. He gives up.

GG

Initiate

Default Hellcannons

I'v recently had a game with a pair of hellcannon that owned the battle at 2000 points vs skaven.
    1st shot of the game, hits plague furnace in a big blob of plaguemonks, turned it to matchsticks and killed the general. KABOOM.
    Second one shoots a unit of stormvermin, scatters off onto a stone Thrower type device and turns it to rubble. The bombardment continued for much of the game until a doomwheel charged one of the beasts. Needless to say that the hellcannon took said charge like a boss and broke the doomwheel which disappeared with its tail between its legs. The funny part was that instead of chasing it i elected to shoot it while it ran. Misfired, rolled a 6 on the table,hits resolved at S10..... Doomwheel promptly gets crushed.

Scout

Dropped rocks on a star dragon, hoping to knock some wounds off before it ate my army, only to wound and kill the rider instead. The star dragon then failed it's monster reaction test and spent the rest of the game standing still in the middle of the board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12