BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 49 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Dude it says in the WD that all distortion weapons have the destroyer rule.
    Yup looks like it.. That's brutal. But as you said, the insane tax will definitely water down the army. (Why the **** do I have to take vypers? I never liked them and don't even own a single model...)
    Only one unit of rangers per core seems weird? I have sh&tloads of them and was hoping to do some funky lists with them here and there.. Guess not.
    The wraithknight seems just so over the top, I guess the stock cost will be at least 400pts..
    Last edited by Hal; 04-14-2015 at 09:04 PM.

Librarian

Dude it says in the WD that all distortion weapons have the destroyer rule. Whether or not WG and the hemlock keep the distort rule is still up in the air but given what they did to wildriders, I'm not seeing a reason why they would lose it.
    White Dwarf also said that the Skitarii box had enough weapons to make any combination that the Codex allows. That was a big lie. WD exaggerates to build hype, c'mon, advertising 101.

Also, not too concerned with the Wraithknight now.. with Radium Carbines causing 2 wounds regardless of toughness on a roll of 6, and Transonic weapons always wounding and getting ap2 on 6's, at least the Skitarii have a few answers to the Wraithknight problem.

My hope is that they jack that WK up in points and lower it's toughness now that it has five kinds of resilience in other ways (Gargantuan Creature gives it Fear, Fearless, Feel No Pain, and a bunch of other garbage.)

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    My hope is that they jack that WK up in points and lower it's toughness....
    Increasing the cost is absolutely fine, but lowering it's toughnes? No way. I mean, look at it.. It should stay out of bolter range. If you wanna take it down, better bring some lascannons.. :P

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    yes I am aware, and whether wraith cannons keep destroyer rule is what I was referring too. It seems rather obscene to me for a squad to be carrying D

heres an idea doing the rounds.

270 pts, 40 S6 shots a turn on jetbikes
    Yah the math is horribly tempting (avg about 6-7 dead MEQ/salvo), especially with the range, but the armor pen is lower than ShuriCannon( avg about 7-8MEQ/) , even without bladestorm potential. I''m still thinking, tempting as it is for the mass blasting, go with 3 smaller units for the same cost, much more flexible.
    lemme see...37 jetbikes (currently) times 27= 999 pts that's a convenient number
    Last edited by Lord Mayhem; 04-14-2015 at 09:27 PM.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Hal View Post
    Increasing the cost is absolutely fine, but lowering it's toughnes? No way. I mean, look at it.. It should stay out of bolter range. If you wanna take it down, better bring some lascannons.. :P
    Not all armies have lascannons.

Also, how is the Bloodthirster not a Gargantuan Creature, and this Wraithknight isn't a walker? wtf.

Also, how is the Bloodthirster not a Gargantuan Creature, and this Wraithknight isn't a walker? wtf.
    Because the wraith knight is a living creature, not just a hunk of metal wired to someone's body. That's what spirit stones + wraithbone do, live. It has been that way for over 10 years.

But it looks like the Eldar are going to be hard hitting but fragile once again.
    Last edited by ShadowcatX; 04-14-2015 at 09:45 PM.

Brother-Sergeant

Eldar constructs have been MCs/infantry for quite some time now. I guess they wanted to separate them rule-wise from imperial walkers as some sort of alienish bio mechs - thus monstrous creatures.
    Don't know about the Bloodthirster, and honestly I wouldn't care if he was gargantuan. I realize not everyone has lascannons, but Wraithknigts can easily be downed in a round or two if you have a reasonable amount of anti tank in your list. The fnp makes him even more sturdy yes, but i would rather cut his wounds instead of lowering his toughness to compensate.. Just like a land raider shouldn't be afraid of a bolter shot glancing off its last HP, neither should the xy times bigger WK.
    Last edited by Hal; 04-14-2015 at 09:52 PM.

Is it possible they mean that distort has D on a to hit of 6 or something?

We don't know that wraith guard weapons have distort still yet.

Chapter-Master

Full WD preview here:

CONFIRMED:

WK is a garg creature
    All jetbikes can be upgraded to Scannon, SLaser
    ALL DISTORT WEAPONS HAVE THE DESTROYER RULE
    The tax for the formation is insane... 1 farseer, 3 squads of guardians, a vyper squad, a war walker squad and a support battery (holy hell what are you going to spend the rest of your points on? A squad of rangers?)
    Dude, there are 3 different Core formations. Just take the Jetbike one, it wouldn't be many points at all.

I found this post on Dakka summarizing everything, it is quite handy actually;

Wraithknight
    1) It is a Gargantuan Creature. No mention on if it is a Lord of War.
    2) The Ghostglaive is a Destroyer weapon for the Wraithknight only, meaning the Wraithlord uses the same weapon without it being a Destroyer weapon.
    3) All Distortion weapons are Destroyer weapons, meaning that the Wraithcannon, Heavy Wraithcannon, D-Cannon (the artillery unit), D-Scythes and Heavy D-Scythes are all Destroyer weapons assuming none lost the Distort rule.
    4) You can legally take up to 12 of these in that new Decurion style detachment via one of the Auxillary formations as you can take 12 Auxillary formations per 1 Core formation, basically rendering a Lord of War positional change pointless.
    5) It still has 6 Wounds - the Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage "half kills" it and is specified to do 3 Wounds to it.
    6) It is not Initiative 1 either base or with the Ghostglaive, it strikes after the Initiative 9 Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster but before the Initiative 1 Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage. It is most likely still Initiative 5, making it even scarier than an Imperial Knight in combat.
    7) In the "battle report", it takes on both of those Bloodthirsters and wins, it beats two Toxicrenes, then it pulps an Imperial Knight and a Transcendant C'tan in separate conflicts. It gets stomped by Deathwing Knights in Smite mode, however.

Windrider Jetbikes
    1) They are exactly the same in terms of stats, special rules and so on; they are still 3+ armoured Eldar with Ballistic Skill 4 and the usual Eldar Jetbike rules. They are a Troops choice.
    2) Each Windrider can take a Scatter Laser or Shuriken Cannon, not 1 in 3 like the old codex. Yes, this is as bonkers as we all initially feared.
    3) Warlocks can now be purchased as part of the squad rather than having to purchase a Council and splitting them off as before. We can expect the same thing to happen with Guardians.
    4) Ancient Doom and Battle Focus are still present, though any changes to either are unconfirmed. We can all hope that Battle Focus actually works for everyone that has it now, including Jetbikes.
    5) Bladestorm is exactly the same as it was, as we all knew from the Harlequin codex.
    6) All of the guns appear identical, save that the Scatter Laser no longer has the Laser Lock special rule.
    7) Warlocks can only take Sanctic Daemonology and Runes of Battle. This might indicate that Eldar have a similar rule to Grey Knights where they can safely use Sanctic Daemonology but can never use Malefic Daemonology.

"Decurion" Detachment
    1) Eldar have their own version of this, featuring Command, Core and Auxiliary choices. You can take 1-3 Core choices (all of them are Guardian themed, one being Jetbike oriented and all requiring one Vyper), 0-3 Command choices per Core choice and 1-12 Auxiliary choices per Core choice.
    2) Wraithknights are part of two separate Auxillary choices, and as Auxiliary choices are 1-12 per Core choice, you can legally take 12 Wraithknights per Core choice as mentioned above.
    3) The "army-buff" as per the Decurion is specifically related to mobility, though whether it will be solely tied to Battle Focus (seems to be the implication) or will just affect all units remains to be seen.

Additionally, the codex is indeed 160 pages. We seem to be getting some kind of special bonuses related to each Craftworld, but this isn't specifically outlined. Whether or not we get Craftworld rules ala Space Marine Chapter Tactics remains to be seen.
    I seriously doubt they would say all Distortion weapons are Destroyer weapons if they reduced the number of Distortion weapons in the codex, doesn't really make sense to me as otherwise they would just say the Wraithknight specifically has Destroyer weapons only. I expect points increases for all Wraith units barring the Wraithlord (it has no Distortion weapons) to compensate, but I can't deny how hilarious it will be when my 5-strong Wraithguard units pop out of Wave Serpents and destroy Land Raiders in one salvo assuming average rolls, not to mention probably Imperial Knights as well...
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 04-14-2015 at 10:47 PM.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Page 49 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast