BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 55 of 101 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    And people thought Necron Wraiths went from good to OP...
    As a person that runs an exclusively Wraith-themed Eldar army as my primary 40K army and has done since 6th Edition, I really wish this wasn't happening. I give practice games to beginners and inexperienced players or even those just getting back into the hobby quite regularly. My Wraith army stretches the limits against those players already by nature of it being so tough, but generally our games end up being pretty balanced. However, with Destroyer weapons wielded by the core of my army (they may not be Troops anymore though) this kind of becomes impossible. This is probably my most disliked change to a unit in years.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

So we have come full circle to the d cannons of old. I remember when d-cannons were a 'reflex' save because you either got out of the way or you were sucked into the warp because that is what they do. The look on my friends face when his freshly teleported terminators got hit by my d-cannons back in the rogue trader days always warmed my evil heart.

Looking forward to all the new ways of trying things. I have always liked guardians with support weapons and warlocks to hold points because of firepower and body count.
    I loved sending up falcons with fire dragons to wreak havoc on vehicle lines.

I could always imagine the streaks of missiles from the dark reapers into the unit of marines...

The two years thing sucks, but I am looking forward to the new rules

Chapter-Master

And a collective groan was heard from massed Imperial Knight players the world over. I did not expect massed ranged D weapons although it's similar to what Wraith weapons used to be.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    And a collective groan was heard from massed Imperial Knight players the world over. I did not expect massed ranged D weapons although it's similar to what Wraith weapons used to be.
    That's exactly right, in 4th Edition Wraithcannons had their own chart which is actually not that dissimilar to the current Destroyer weapon chart, save that it was massively toned-down in comparison.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    As a person that runs an exclusively Wraith-themed Eldar army as my primary 40K army and has done since 6th Edition, I really wish this wasn't happening. I give practice games to beginners and inexperienced players or even those just getting back into the hobby quite regularly. My Wraith army stretches the limits against those players already by nature of it being so tough, but generally our games end up being pretty balanced. However, with Destroyer weapons wielded by the core of my army (they may not be Troops anymore though) this kind of becomes impossible. This is probably my most disliked change to a unit in years.
    Look on the bright side... at least it seems that the hemlock doesn't have Str D which probably means that the D-scythe isn't much different.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Yes, because I want to field things other than WG all the time in order to play Eldar.
    Solid point. I just hope they don't screw over Swooping Hawks. I haven't played a game without at least one unit since 4th. I just love that aspect!

I really wish I could justify blowing the dust of my Scorpions and Banshees too.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

I like where this is going.

Now if they could just make Banshees good again...
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

As long as they are expensive and remain short ranged it should be fine.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Chapter-Master

Someone at GW really likes the word Wraith clearly.

Wraith in the Necron codex....better
    Wraith(guard) in the Eldar codex....better
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

There is a rumour doing the rounds on Warseer that Dire avengers are moving to elite in the new codex.

Page 55 of 101 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast