BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 44 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    It's blocking the images being loaded remotely, too. Bloody firewall. :-P
    Mobile device?
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

I could just wait until I get home, but I'm impatient and bored.

I'll try my phone...

Librarian

Those models look gorgeous! I'm sure with that Warlock on Skyrunner, seer councils on bikes will become a thing again!

Chapter-Master

I'm relieved that the codex cover is just as awesome, if not moreso than the one its replacing. That was probably the best part of the last codex.

Some observations:

Autarch on 32mm base it looks
    Autarch has funny pistol (maybe neuro blaster from harlie codex?)
    Wildriders apparently can put scatter lasers on their jetbikes now
    Wildrider bases aren't "large" bases... they look closer to the original jetbike flying base size.
    GW got lazy on the Autarch wings. They could have been a bit different than Baharroths and the previous autarch wings.
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 04-14-2015 at 12:54 PM.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Ooo, nice. The Jetbikes look pretty cool, and the current ones should fit in the same aesthetic if someone wants to mix them in an army. An Autarch with wings seems like an odd choice, as he could really only hop in with a unit of Swooping Hawks (otherwise, you get different styles of movement, and it just gets all kinds of weird). Still, Hawks can be useful for hunting tanks, much like a guy with a fusion pistol (assuming that's what that is).

And, of course, GW basically gave CH the finger by finally doing a Warlock on Jetbike. Even if that didn't nix any ability for CH to do one legally, it means people will opt for the GW model instead.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I'm relieved that the codex cover is just as awesome, if not moreso than the one its replacing. That was probably the best part of the last codex.

Some observations:

Autarch on 32mm base it looks
    Autarch has funny pistol
    Wildriders apparently can put scatter lasers on their jetbikes now
    Wildrider bases aren't "large" bases... they look closer to the original jetbike flying base size.
    GW got lazy on the Autarch wings. They could have been a bit different than Baharroths and the previous autarch wings.
    Just looks like a fusion pistol to me.

I like the Autarch, though they probably shouldn't have posed it that way as without wings or warp jump pack it will look a bit odd. More interested to see if Autarchs are actually any good at fighting now though.

Loving the look of things so far. The big question will probably decide this though.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    Just looks like a fusion pistol to me.

I like the Autarch, though they probably shouldn't have posed it that way as without wings or warp jump pack it will look a bit odd. More interested to see if Autarchs are actually any good at fighting now though.

Loving the look of things so far. The big question will probably decide this though.

The model says "fusion pistol" but the paintjob doesn't make me think "fusion pistol"

- - - Updated - - -

Whats that "junk" on top of the warlock bike cowling? Looks like painted sand or sandpaper or something..

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    The new jetbikes are lovely.

Knight being a GC makes me glad i never bought one

Everyone just waits with baited breath on the wave serpent.....
    The wave serpent is probably the least eagerly awaited thing in the army. We know they are getting nerfed. Give.us other things we can play and we'll be happy.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Wait.. why are you glad you never bought one? The GC change is AWESOME.
    Its great if you play with them. My groups rarely play with super heavies or gargants as our house rules think like is better without them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
    The wave serpent is probably the least eagerly awaited thing in the army. We know they are getting nerfed. Give.us other things we can play and we'll be happy.
    People said Necron Wraiths were gonna be nerfed....look how that turned out. Just need confirmations it does get toned down
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Its great if you play with them. My groups rarely play with super heavies or gargants as our house rules think like is better without them

- - - Updated - - -

People said Necron Wraiths were gonna be nerfed....look how that turned out. Just need confirmations it does get toned down
    Thats unfortunate

On sunday, I played a pickup game against a local necron player. I gave him an option to play against a flyer heavy list, or a scorpion. When he saw the tank there was no hesitation ... "I want to play against that!"

I only won by 1 VP. The first turn the thing killed exactly zero wraiths (as you can see, they're incoming)

Page 44 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast