BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

I need to start saving
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Battle-Brother

moved
    Last edited by Chaosftw; 09-15-2015 at 12:21 PM. Reason: not apart of start box rumour
    www.powgt.ca

Niiiiiiiiice!

And Defo new Firewarriors. And I think I see pistols?

And a new Drone variant.
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 09-15-2015 at 12:20 PM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Fly Lord

via [URL="https://twitter.com/TheRedSorcerer"]Craig A[/URL] (twitter) 9-15-2015
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Default New drones

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Niiiiiiiiice!

And Defo new Firewarriors. And I think I see pistols?

And a new Drone variant.
    What do you figure those new drones even are? They look like they could be a modified ML drone, but the existing models were just fine for that. I wonder if they're adding some new type of drone...

EDIT: poking through my sons Tau codex, and I'm almost positive those're not pulse carbines, but are instead Ion Rifles (s7, AP4, range 30", rapid fire). Must be an upgrade option for the Fire Warriors as a unit, I'm guessing. Or maybe you can have up to X per squad. (look on page 67 of the Tau codex at the weapon systems)

EDIT AGAIN: I think on P73 there's a pathfinder in the middleground who's carrying an ion rifle and it looks completely different from what's in these leaked pictures, so I guess I'm wrong. Slightly beefed-up pulse carbines.
    Last edited by Hendrik Booraem VI; 09-15-2015 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik Booraem VI View Post
    What do you figure those new drones even are? They look like they could be a modified ML drone, but the existing models were just fine for that. I wonder if they're adding some new type of drone...

EDIT: poking through my sons Tau codex, and I'm almost positive those're not pulse carbines, but are instead Ion Rifles (s7, AP4, range 30", rapid fire). Must be an upgrade option for the Fire Warriors as a unit, I'm guessing. Or maybe you can have up to X per squad. (look on page 67 of the Tau codex at the weapon systems)

EDIT AGAIN: I think on P73 there's a pathfinder in the middleground who's carrying an ion rifle and it looks completely different from what's in these leaked pictures, so I guess I'm wrong. Slightly beefed-up pulse carbines.
    The more I look the more I'm convinced those are some sort of shotguns and katanas on their backs. No one believes me.

Chapter-Master

having had a night to soak it all in, all I can say now is

ajrjdjjvkdkfjrjeudikrjoepdj
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I was bemoaning the lack of decent leaks last night, then the floodgates opened today. Goodbye wallet!

New Fire Warrior sculpts look interesting. Not sure about the helmets, I think I prefer the classic design more. Hopefully these are the rumoured alternate build of Fire Warriors rather than a direct replacement. Those guns do look like fancier Pulse Carbines, there's none of the usual tells that would imply Ion weaponry to me, (the D-shaped barrel and Mortonium compartment on the Ion Rifle.) They could be something completely new, however.

Looking at the two pictures provided, there's definitely two separate weapons supplied. One comes with the familiar golden gyrostabiliser prevalent on Pulse weaponry, the other without. I think the one with is some sort of compact Pulse Rifle, perhaps a new design? Sergeant has a pistol, so GW have forgotten that Tau don't like CC it seems. Probably going to still be paying 10pts for Shas'ui to get +1 Attack for no reason.

Also no more fiddly, fragile antennae on Fire Warriors! I kinda liked the look, but boy were they a pain.

The Ghostkeel suit looks alright, that'll be one that'll likely get a lot of customisation as I've done with all my other suits. I can see it forming the basis for a lot of cool kitbashes, and I've wanted a Stealth Suit Commander-esque model for a long time. Here's hoping it leads some nicely-buffed Stealth Suits, those guys need some love IMO! Looks like it's mounting a Cyclic Ion Blaster and a more compact Fusion Blaster, so it probably draws from the Ranged Weapons List like most other suits.

Twin-Linked Fusion Blasters up top on the Ghostkeel implies it either has a Super Multi-Tracker of some kind, or is a Monstrous Creature. Also a possibility that it's a Walker, but that'd imply massive changes to how Tau Battlesuits work.

A couple of sneaky suits of Crisis Suits in the background, but I honestly can't tell whether it's the old Shas'O kit spruced up a bit, a new Shas'O kit, or a new Crisis Suit kit. Here's hoping for better pictures!

New Drone looks cool, I think it's mounting a Stealth Suit's Burst Cannon judging by the one on the right. Also seems to have bigger thrusters and some techy doodads, so it's likely another support Drone that'll give some sort of buff to Stealth Suit squads. Actually, looking again at other pictures, it seems they're an accompaniment to the new Ghostkeel suit.

...And the elephant in the room, the big Stormsurge. Looks like the shoulder cannon is a choice between a Railcannon and some sort of Ion weapon, I imagine this thing will be the Lord of War. Those big recoil supports mounted on the lower legs look cool and help solve the balance issues it'd likely have if it fired. Also has a slightly different groin plate for some reason. Body has no sign of possessing Jetpack Thrusters, so it's likely ground-bound. Still has a Riptide Shield Generator judging by the mount on its left shoulder, and can carry support systems.

Also, all that dakka. Looks like there's a Twin-Linked Smart Missile System, a pair of what looks like some sort of techy, update Missile Pods, and two massive blocks of small missiles, possibly some sort of super High Yield Missile Pod, or maybe an upscaled Smart Missile System with a ridiculous number of shots. That's not even including whatever that twin-linked weapon mounted under the left arm is. My first thought was that it was an Airbursting Frag Projector, but it's not. Also seems to have a speaker set mounted on the right side, Noise Marine Riptides confirmed.

Alternate weapon looks like some sort of massive Ion weapon, possibly either Skyfire or Barrage judging by the angle it's placed. It's also festooned with Support Systems, so it can probably draw from that list. This thing is definitely Superheavy, no way it could hope to fire more than half of those weapons otherwise. I'm guessing Gargantuan Creature is most predictable, but it might end up as a Walker.

Interested to see these in person, but I'm gunna be honest they're not what I was expecting at all. I definitely think they'll grow on me in time, though.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Definitely new Crisis Suits in the background.

Look at the shoulder armour. It's far larger and more pronounced that existing.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Mystic Mystery Predicts......

Ghostkeel is a super Stealh Suit.

Mystic Mystery makes no claim to his predictions being insightful, accurate, nor particularly not-obvious.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast