BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

I don't know that I would want heavy weapons in fire warrior squads, I like them as they are. some sort of support squad would be cool though.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Raises hand.

DONUT WANT.
    Agreed.

Fire Warriors shouldn't have heavy weapons. It kind of goes against the theme of the army - that you have to construct a synergy, and then apply it. Just giving everyone super-dakka removes that need from forming a successful army and plan.

They're already a big threat to infantry (S5 hurts, even more so when their accuracy benefits from a token or two) and reasonably effective against light vehicles and rear armours.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I'd really like to see changes to the piranha. it takes up quite a bit of space on the table, with fairly underwhelming firepower.

Agreed. I have no idea what it's even supposed to be, tactically speaking. It's like a Land Speeder, if a Land Speeder had a single special weapon instead of heavy weapons and was a huge target.

What is even the point of a Land Speeder with what is functionally zero firepower and no transport capacity?
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chapter-Master

exactly. I have never bought a piranha because I just don't see the point in them with their giant footprint and solitary gun. might as well take a lone crisis suit with two guns and deep strike.

They're the Tau equivalent to the Pyrovore: a fragile, single hit unit armed with a special weapon, points-costed as though it was a heavy weapon.

Pretty model, but WHAT DO YOU ACTUALLY DO?
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chapter-Master

unfortunately I doubt it will change before there is a new kit. I can't think of any way to improve the piranha without up-gunning it.

Teleport Homer type thing could work - kind of like the Pathfinder Devilfish has/had (not sure if it still exists).

Repackage with additional drone options to give them more dakka? Equipped with say, SMS they could be a bit more appealing, especially in a squadron.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

yeah replacing the gun drones with missile drones or burst cannon drones, and dropping the centre weapon would be a big improvement

Fly Lord

Via [URL="http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/330/651154.page#8123626"]DakkaDakka[/URL] 9-15-2015
    Riptide boxes have been recalled and store managers cannot order them in anymore as they are being repackaged with a new sprue for a missile variant.

Internal slip up revelealed October releases to the manager.
    That brings the list of minis recalled from retailer mandatory reorder to this:

- Tau Commander
    - Tau Crisis Suits
    - Tau Fire Warriors
    - Tau Riptide
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast