BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Morkanaut vs. Gorkanaut in an all out sumo match to the DEFF!
    na na na na na... wut?

Fly Lord

via Birds in the Trees 3-22-2015

Tau Empire Release Info

New updated XV-?? battlesuit / Commander-battlesuit combo kit.
    New kit is strongly based on the current Commander suit, but not identical.
    New Kit is designed for much more dynamic assembly & posing options than the current range.

Many new Kroot models are on ice, but may be spun off into a separate release (Codex: Kroot Mercenaries)
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

More interesting than Marines vs Different Marines.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Haven't BL just re-released the Damocles story books?

The Damocles would fit into a Stormclaw type idea, no?

Chapter-Master

new plastic crisis suits would be one of those things tau players have been wanting for many years
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

new plastic crisis suits would be one of those things tau players have been wanting for many years
    [url=http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?53875-Farside-Enclave-Five-of-The-Eight]Speaking as someone who's just been doing quite a lot of conversion of the current Crisis Suit model[/url], I will say this for them: I am never scared of making them look worse.

The arms are terrible - monoposed and ugly. The legs are the same, only ridiculously, hilariously fragile at the ankles. Not to mention the GOOD CHILDBEARING HIPS of the dumbass ball joints. Then you've got the chest/groin pieces are so lacking in detail/definition it's untrue. They look like the old Action Force power armour from, like, 1981 or something.

Don't get me wrong; I do like them. They're fun to convert (really fun; like I say, you can't make them look worse) and all, but anyone who thinks the current Crisis Suits don't need updating needs to compare them to literally any current kit. They're shamefully bad by modern standards.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chapter-Master

Go away Tau.

You're getting the way of Eldar releases
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    They look like the old Action Force power armour from, like, 1981 or something.

Heh, Hasbro had those white for Cobra in their G.I. Joe line. Had one, too. The real funny part was the fluff said they were almost as clumsy as the toy/model looked!

But, yeah. I was really hoping they'd take time to remake the Crisis Suits for the last codex release, but I will concede that Pathfinders needed them more (official ones were metal), as did the Kroot auxiliary models.

Part of me wishes all the kits weren't just "Moah Space Mawines" vs "Something else". Maybe when Sisters get a plastic line, maybe? Or the next IG/AM release?

Fly Lord

via Steve the Warboss 3-26-2015

Two boxed sets coming this year:

-Dark Angels vs. Chaos Marines (July)
    -Space Marines vs. Tau Empire (October)
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    via Steve the Warboss 3-26-2015
    Poor Steve must be mistaken.

We already have a Dork Angels vs CSM boxed set called "Dark Vengeance"
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast