BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Planning a 30k army

Hi all. So having decided to start my own 30k legion army im looking at what units to buy to make a balanced all comers type army. My choice finally is Emperors children. My chief opposition will be:
    Iron warriors with lots of rhinos (dont ask why lol) all comers
    Alpha legion built for elite power gaming
    Salamanders all comers
    Adeptus mechanicum

Ive noticed that the ad mech player has a thanatar or two and all reports of this monster seem to point to legionaires on foot getting slaughtered, so i may mech most of my units to try and lessen the impact.
    Ive got so far:
    Fulgrim
    2x 5 palatine blades
    10 kakophoni
    2x 10 legion veterans
    10 phoenix guard
    I really like the pride of the legion rite of war as it seems fluffy for a force led by fulgrim himself.
    Any ideas to expand greatly appreciated. Pops

As an aside. Does anyone fancy doing a tale of armies painting log on bols?
    Last edited by Popsical; 03-12-2015 at 01:28 PM.

Librarian

If you can, try looking at a trio of Predator tanks with Autocannon Turret, Lascannon sponsons, and Power of the Machine Spirit upgrade on all of them. This gives you 6 lascannons and 12 Autocannon shots which will put a serious hurt on anything you point them at. Also a Storm Eagle could help ya out, and it's in the Fast Attack Slot. Apothicarians are Elites and I think can be added to the special unit squads. A foot slogging squad of Tacticals with an Apothicary that has the Augury Scanner to give the unit Intercepter on their bolters. This might help against the Salamander player who probably will take that special flame-thrower unit, or anything that gets up in your face via Drop pods like the Anvillus or Kharybdis.

Edit: Since youre looking into Pride of the Legion, instead of Tactical Marines just a cheap squad of Vets with an Apothicary.
    Last edited by Mr.Pickelz; 03-14-2015 at 09:17 AM.