BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Librarian

Default Which Legion Will You Bring?

So, let's say that GW really does make a compelling game, and brings older marks of Space Marines onto the table. Whether it's Unification Wars, Great Crusade, or Horus Heresy, it doesn't really matter, there are 18 Legions to choose from, along with two that are kind of up in the air that nobody really knows about.

Which would you build, paint, and bring to the table, and why?

Do you already have a Legion army?

Do you already have a Chapter or Warband modeled after one of the original Legions?

Though on the Chaos Side, Noise Marines are my favorite, Emperor's Children really don't strike me as a Legion I'd want to paint.

I'm thinking Raven Guard or Night Lords, especially if the rules end up making assault marines and stealth tactics viable.

Already have Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons, Space Wolves and Dark Angels.

I already play... erm... have a shelf full of Word Bearers.

A loyalist Istvaan survivors force made up of:

Iron Hands for the cybernetics and servo arms.
    Emperor's Children for the purple/gold colour scheme and style.
    Iron Warriors for the Tyrant Terminator Squads.
    World Eaters for the rage.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Iron Warriors.

They're easier to paint, and I do like my dakka. ALL MY DAKKA. EAT MY DAKKA.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I wanna pre-Heresy force made of Salamanders and Iron Warriors.

Chapter-Master

I want all of them...
    But will probably either do the mixed loyalist survivor force or the BAngles, Space Woves, or Salamanders...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Brother-Captain

My 40k army is Imperial Fists and while I would be sorely tempted to have them as my 30k Legion, I think painting that many more yellow soldiers would kill me. I reckon I'd go with either Salamanders (who were my 2nd choice for a 40k army) for the burninating, or else a Loyalist World Eaters force as I love the white & blue (and blood) colour scheme.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Im working very hard on my "legion" at the moment in advance of this new wave of models.
    I have a love of several legions but cant settle on one at all. Also the primarchs cause me the same problem.
    So i thought buggrit i will do the Istvaan III massacre loyalists using 3 orgs from the books as Sons of Horus, Emperors children and World eaters.
    Each will clock in at around 1000pts and thus give me a 3000pt HH army, plus Loken, Tarvitz and Shabran Darr.
    My worry is what the form of this new wave will be. Fingers are crossed.

I have a thousand sons and a death guard army already. I also have fallen Dark Angels.

I'd like to do an Imperial Fists list sometime in the future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast