BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

I'd still rather see your examples than the legendary "50 Shades of Grey" Chapter.
    which is... out of question if we talk about PAINTED models? Unless of course you refer to Grey Knights... which is really a pain to play against.

I've yet to hear a player whine "its not fair, you only won because your space doggies were pink!"
    Nope... but "What do you mean with 4 attacks per model? I did think that green mutated marines were Nurgle ones and not Khorne..."
    but my absolute all-time favorite (but this is off topic)

"Hä? Which scouts? There are no... oh... didn't see them"
    or
    "Why didnt you use your sniper rifles?" "Hmm... forgot that I had scouts and did not see them"
    Last edited by Charon; 03-05-2015 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Or we can all just accept this is an inherently creative, collaborative hobby, and leave each to their own. Yes, including those who paint their Marines as The Random Chapter Marines, and then switch around exactly which Chapter rules they use. Up to them.
    Yes, indeed. This is exactly it.

It's not restricted to our hobby, by any means, but the tendency for people to get angry and criticize others for not having the same priorities and preferences gets really tiresome. It's funny, because I have yet to meet a single gamer like that IRL, yet the "net" makes it seem like they are legion.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Nope... but "What do you mean with 4 attacks per model? I did think that green mutated marines were Nurgle ones and not Khorne..."
    One would think that the bunny ears, non-bloated bellies, and chain-axes would be a dead giveaway, but hey, I think along different lines that most.

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    One would think that the bunny ears, non-bloated bellies, and chain-axes would be a dead giveaway, but hey, I think along different lines that most.
    Not every Marine with MoK or MoN has to be a Plaquemarine or a Berzerker.

I find it amusing that anyone seriously thinks Chaos has strict uniform codes.

As long as your units have ways of distinguishing squad types/weaponry, it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by deinol View Post

As long as your units have ways of distinguishing squad types/weaponry, it's all good.
    The problem is not with the uniform codes - it's with the player's complaints. In fact, it's the "distinguishing squad" that is at the heart of the problem because the color green means Nurgel to most players and that can cause confusion.

I'm struggling because the color swap could be tantamount to: "that bolt gun is really a plasma gun" = "That green guy has the mark of Khorne."
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    I'm struggling because the color swap could be tantamount to: "that bolt gun is really a plasma gun" = "That green guy has the mark of Khorne."
    TBH, I think you're worrying about nothing. I would guess that 99% of the players you go against aren't going to really care so long as you're clear about equipment. Some might even find a refreshing change, who knows!? Just do like Elvis, do it your way!
    na na na na na... wut?

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    The problem is not with the uniform codes - it's with the player's complaints. In fact, it's the "distinguishing squad" that is at the heart of the problem because the color green means Nurgel to most players and that can cause confusion.

I think you're not giving enough credit to people's colour vision. There are many, many shades of green even within the GW paint range. Sure, there is a particular shade of grey-green that I would not recommend to any non-nurgle unit. But dark green? Bright green? Lime or emerald green? Nobody is going to see those and think 'nurgle'. They may well think 'robeless Dark Angels' or 'Chaos Salamanders' depending on the shade, but that is less of an issue since those are an entirely different faction with no spiky bits.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Yes, I don't think anyone would be confused by it. As someone else correctly stated you can give non-berserker units the Mark of Khorne and create a Khornate army. The opposing player would be looking at standard Chaos marines and would just have to remember that they have a MoK and the corresponding bonuses.

As an example, you could make a Hounds of Abaddon army, which is a sub-faction within the Black Legion, that is devoted to Khorne, but wears Black Legion colors save for the left shoulder pad, which is red. Most units in there would have the MoK, I assume.

For me though, I love the fluff, and would need a pretty convincing back story as to why this particular band of Berserkers wears green instead of red. I'm not a huge fan of red models either, so if it was me, I would go with the Hounds of Abaddon route. I'd play anything you brought to the table though so long as its painted no matter the color.

I suppose the main thing to eliminate confusing is use and not color. If your 'zerkers were green or purple or blue, but they were being used as 'zerkers then it should be fine. Some confusion might result though if you used actual plauge marine models to represent beserkers or used beserkers as thousand sons rubric marines as the models are vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by deinol View Post
    Whilst there is the dogmatic Khorne is Red line, I would be more worried about getting the army WYSIWYG rather than the colour. Forgetting that you have (in the above example) sniper rifles on scouts or special/heavy weapons to bring to bear would be more important than adhering to GUIDELINES about how to paint your army.
    It's your hobby after all. As long as you put down a painted force that is armed the way it looks, I could care less if it were red, green, pink or any combination of the above.
    The World's Slowest Wargamer - http://www.spruegrey.com

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678