BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    It looks more like the insane creation of some madmek. You sure the mechanicus isn't employing orks?
    I am going to loot that stuff SO HARD.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    It doesn't look remotely orky, it shares none of their design features
    Seriously?

I just thought it was missing the glyph off the front at first glance.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Heck if I used Dread I would get one of these kits for the legs and use the turret for a looted wagon or the killcanon turrnet for a battle wagon. At first I thought it was the battlewagon turret on a defiler body before I notice the similarity to a sentinel.
    Grenndal

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Seriously?

I just thought it was missing the glyph off the front at first glance.
    Only other thing missing is a klaw/saw. But not all Ork walkers have those.

It does seem like something you'd get from Orks taking bits of Imperial light walkers and Chaos spider-walkers and mashing them together.

First-Captain

It looks like something a Blood Pact army would need though, now that I'm thinking about it.

Chapter-Master

Dear oh dear, no no no. You could obviously loot or convert it nicely, but it is not orky. If it were a plastic ork kit:
    The feet would be different, the leg joints would be different, it would not have leg armour. The upper body would be a different shape, the armour panels would be different. There would be far more rivets, and the exhaust stacks would be visible above and behind it. This is very clearly imperial.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

I don't like legs on anything Mechanicum, but it would be easy enough to not use them and make trailing cables instead. Will wait for better pics too I think. From those 2 images, I don't see enough of the Blanche weirdness I was hoping for though yet.

It's cool they are releasing TWO full plastic kits though (normally its just one, or one and a clampack), I guess this release will be bigger than Harlequins.
    Last edited by Asymmetrical Xeno; 03-23-2015 at 10:09 AM.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Different pics, and hopefully a different paint job.

That cream just doesn't work for my eyes!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Dear oh dear, no no no. You could obviously loot or convert it nicely, but it is not orky. If it were a plastic ork kit:
    The feet would be different, the leg joints would be different, it would not have leg armour. The upper body would be a different shape, the armour panels would be different. There would be far more rivets, and the exhaust stacks would be visible above and behind it. This is very clearly imperial.
    I'd have to check at home, but the leg joints on the Orkanaut are similar to that, and the Orkanauts do have armour on the legs (can't let the locomotion get blown up that easy!). No need for rivets everywhere to be Orky, that's one of the design ideas people overdo. As for the shape of the top, well, who's to say it wasn't something the Orks made with looted Imperial parts?

Of course, GW wouldn't make any kind of Ork looted kit...

Hey, I've looted Falcons and Hammerheads. Looting a Sentinel's main body, tossing a big gun and a small gun on it, and throwing it on some spare spider legs that are just sitting around? That's just a Tuesday to an Ork. We loot Tyranids. You really think we wouldn't take random Imperial vehicle bits and weld them together for lulz?

Chapter-Master

no, the gorkanaut's legs are totally different, all the ork walkers are. the gorkanaut has knee armour, but not leg armour like this tank does. there is a need for rivets everywhere. you might not make ork vehicles that way, but GW does. as for looting, GW do not make looted imperial vehicles for orks, players do that. they would not release an ork vehicle that was a looted imperial one, the ork vehicles have their own style.

I am not saying you can't loot this tank, I am saying this plastic kit is very clearly not an Ork one, it is strictly imperial.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast